Megadeth Conquer or Die

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth Conquer or Die

Found this while watching some Pantera . Thought it was really good so here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ_-tUKT-nY

Nice. Didn't know they had a video for that. The new album is pretty killer.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Wow, way more badass than I was expecting!

Comment

Yeah,, that is cool. I really dig that track too.

MOSHON
        DAVE
        "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Wow! That's freaky that they filmed that! Kiko's great.....nice you can hear his leads too. Always thought Broderick was too low in the mix.
          www.vvforums.com

Comment

That's some tasty stuff there!

Comment

Thanks for sharing! Digging the "classical guitar" intro. Kiko can seriously rock! He's a monster player. I suggest everyone to check out his instrumental album: No Gravity.
              JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
              Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Love Kiko's style! He is more tasty rather than full blast sweeps, etc, all the time. Some of their best material in many years. The mix reminds me of Rust.....

However, I must say I think Dave's coolest guitar was his Jackson King V with Bill Lawrence rail neck pickup. Followed by his early B.C. Rich Bich 10-string (even though he only used 6).
                '95 Charvel San Dimas USA Model I Koa - BKP
                '91 Charvel 650 Custom - EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
                '92 Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
                '91 Charvel 475 Exotic Cherry Sunburst - Duncan PATB set
                '90 Charvel 475 XL
                '10 Charvel San Dimas MIJ Style 1 2H - JB/'59
                Mesa Boogie Quad Preamp/Stereo Simul-Class 2:90
                Mesa Boogie MkIII+ Simul-Class & MkIVb with Mark Series stack
                Marshall JVM410H

Comment

That was awesome! I don't know anything about Kiko, haven't ever heard of him before, but i love the note choices! I'll definitely be checking out his solo stuff.

If it's more like this, I think I like him more than Chris Broderick. I mean, Chris can shred like nobody's business, man can he play, but imo, a lot of it just comes out as a unmemorable barrage of notes.
                  I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Originally posted by TKEblue View Post
                    That was awesome! I don't know anything about Kiko, haven't ever heard of him before, but i love the note choices! I'll definitely be checking out his solo stuff.

If it's more like this, I think I like him more than Chris Broderick. I mean, Chris can shred like nobody's business, man can he play, but imo, a lot of it just comes out as a unmemorable barrage of notes.
                    Chris was more like spray and pray with a machine gun!

Kiko is a bit more selective in his note choices...
                    '90 Charvel 475 XL
                    Marshall JVM410H

Comment

^ Totally agree. Wasn't at all into Chris one bit. Kiko he's not bad. I really liked Marty above all else tho and Chris Poland
                      But haha no chance of them ever coming back.

Comment

I didn't care for Chris really at all.

This is the best stuff Megadeth has put out in decades, IMO. I didn't think it could happen.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by DanzoStrife View Post
                          ^ Totally agree. Wasn't at all into Chris one bit. Kiko he's not bad. I really liked Marty above all else tho and Chris Poland
                          But haha no chance of them ever coming back.
                          Marty never fit in Megadeth. Simply not compatible with Dave. And Marty isn't a thoroughly metal soul, anyway. He was playing some lightweight poppy yet shreddy crap in Japan for years.

Too bad, because I think he is the best player they've ever had. It would be very tough to ever top Rust In Piece. That album was a huge influence when it came out....the state of the art of metal....
                          '90 Charvel 475 XL
                          Marshall JVM410H

Comment

Originally posted by Black Shadow View Post
                            Marty never fit in Megadeth. Simply not compatible with Dave. And Marty isn't a thoroughly metal soul, anyway. He was playing some lightweight poppy yet shreddy crap in Japan for years.

Too bad, because I think he is the best player they've ever had. It would be very tough to ever top Rust In Piece. That album was a huge influence when it came out....the state of the art of metal....
                            In regards to the "thoroughly metal" thing; I don't think you get to the level of these guys by being one dimensional. The other influences are what give them their styles of metal.

Aside from that, i think Marty has proven all he needs to prove. More metal in one testicle than most of us have in our whole body. \m/
                            Last edited by TKEblue; 06-23-2017, 01:34 PM.
                            I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

Yea Risk and Cryptic Writings were pretty poppy but that was Dave's idea from what I read. But I think it's good imho that Marty went on his own path. It's funny because when he left, I also got into Jpop and Kpop and went on a similar path he did. I think my thought patterns are more like him than other any one else if I had to relate to any metal player.

He might not have been compatible playing Thrash after a decade since he got bored of it, but during the time when he was in it, I think he put his ALL into it. The melodic vibrato and solos is what gave Megadeth a nice contrast to their crushing rhythm. I think most Megadeth fans agreed , and I think him alone help sell a shit ton of Kelly's and make them popular. I can't name a single player who's iconic with the Jackson Kelly after Marty. Lots of players use it but none are famous for it.
                              For other guitars, many became famous for it, like a legion of famous Les Paul players, but only 1 Kelly guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X