Not the way I wanted the identities of Ghost revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not the way I wanted the identities of Ghost revealed

**This story has been updated to include a lengthy statement that BLABBERMOUTH.NET has received from the four "Nameless Ghouls" who have filed the lawsuit against GHOST frontman Tobias Forge.** Former members of GHOST have spoken out publicly on the lawsuit they have filed against the band's frontma...

Well on the bright side there's apparently going to be some new MCC tracks.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

eh, who cares. I'm gonna go listen to epitome of darkness now

Comment

Not a huge Ghost fan but the songs Cerice and Square Hammer are super catchy. Never cared about the identity gimmick. At least "Papa's" douchebag persona isn't an act.
      I'm going to give you the keys to the Lamborghini

Comment

The dude is brilliant. A band of "Nameless Ghouls" wearing masks while he retains the trademark. One funny look from the bassist and he's OUT. A bit of backtalk from the drummer and he's OUT. A snap of the fingers and two new masked and nameless immigrant ghouls are punching their time cards and taking less. The audience is none the wiser.

EDIT: I think Axl tried this with the Buckethead thing, but it was too little too late.
        Last edited by Axewielder; 04-10-2017, 04:13 PM.

Comment

"Since the musicians wear masks and are only identified as Nameless Ghouls, personnel changes in the group over its seven-year existence have gone unannounced."

And that's how you get control over things.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
            The dude is brilliant. A band of "Nameless Ghouls" wearing masks while he retains the trademark. One funny look from the bassist and he's OUT. A bit of backtalk from the drummer and he's OUT. A snap of the fingers and two new masked and nameless immigrant ghouls are punching their time cards and taking less. The audience is none the wiser.

EDIT: I think Axl tried this with the Buckethead thing, but it was too little too late.
            the Buckethead sacking was funny. He was apparently booted for being unproductive. But recorded 4 of his own albums while waiting for work to continue on Chinese Democracy
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Sharon Osborne must be consulting.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                Sharon Osborne must be consulting.
                QFT...except this dude may be savvier than Sharon. He keeps the material relatively easy to play and sing. Looks at the position Dave Mustaine is in. He has to scour the earth looking for a guitarist who can play Friedman's AND Broderick's solos note-for-note every few years. If the guy hits every note perfectly, about 10% of the crowd will appreciate it, while the other 90% will be sort of ho-hum and texting on their smartphones. BUT if he starts missing notes, that same 90% will start posting videos of it on YouTube with the title "New Megadeth guitarist sucked ass in ... last night". All this for a small piece of a small club's small door. Mike Matijevic gets to hit those "She's Gone" high notes the week after for the umpteenth time for even less money.

Now Papa John Emeritus has it figured out. He's filling arenas going "My mummy dust! My mummy dust!"

Comment

Yeah, they were ok for the first couple of years... I didn't particularly care for them. Being greedy egotistical sadist is what he portrayed... guess it wasn't just an act. lol
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I've been a "consultant" numerous times. It is just how the business works in some bands.

Comment

Originally posted by pianoguyy View Post
                      I've been a "consultant" numerous times. It is just how the business works in some bands.
                      And in many cases that's what is best for the consultant. You can go into a deal with a piece of the equity for a lower payscale- or perhaps with a capital outlay yourself as an owner, or you can get a steady paycheck as an employee. If the band doesn't make it, you're better off with the latter. If it does, the former.

And if you choose the latter you may regret it when the band hits the lottery.

A dozen sides to every story.

Comment

Working...
                      X