To All C.O.B. fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All C.O.B. fans...

Well since COB took hold of some major popularity in the states and the rest of the world....that seemed to spawn a whole new new batch of COB clones ....but with too much talent to call them wannabes...

Besides bands like Skyfire , Node , Norther , Throne Of chaos , Kalmah , Arise and such ...

it seems like it just keeps coming with Imperanon's debut on Nuclear Blast "Stained" ...

I think you'll like it ....I sure do.

just want to share my enthusiasm..for this awesome style of metal.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

Their live show was one of the greatest experiences ever, even though they only played for like 30 minutes, overall awesome music

Comment

Very cool, I'll check those bands out. I've heard of a few, just not all of em. Thanks dude

- Irfaan -

Comment

Yeah I heard that Skyfire and COB share a practice place or used to...

I'll list plenty other awesome bands in vein of COB/Soilwork

I'll compiling a list soon on my thred in the Non- Related section of this forum...

first I'm making a list of all clean vocals stuff ...for those who don't like harsh vocals...

then I'm doin' the heavier , stuff that I'm really diggin afterwards... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Right. One

Skyfire is swedish, CoB are finnish. CoB and Norther share a rehearsal room in Nosturi F(Finland)

Second. Kalmah formed in 1992, CoB (officially, released their first album) in 97 so calling them a CoB clone is unjust.

Third. Skyfire formed in 14-95 and were around before CoB officially released their first album.

I am porbably a bigger fan of CoB than anyone here but they did not spawn these bands. Norther maybe but not Skyfire/Kalmah/Throne of chaos (who were around at the same time CoB released Something Wild).

Comment

C'mon, you know Bill never lets facts get in the way of his rantings! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Also, Kalmah was known as Ancestor until 1998. Heh.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yes,COB are awesome, saw them in frisco on both of there last tours, now i'm waiting for Sinergy to come to the states.
              METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I don't know; COB's doing so well, and Sinergy doesn't even have a website anymore. I'm beginning to think Sinergy's done.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I think there in the studio soon, and there new site will be up soon at, thebitchisback.org
                  METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Well with a name like Child of Norther ...I figured as much .... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I was actually thinking of PMing you earlier but now I don't have to ....you see how that works... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Kalmah was around since then [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]...jeez WTF ...well I'm sure they didn't "invent" this style ....but they did bring it to the forefront ....to where we are discussing it right now .....so that's cool .....I love this style of music and want to share more of it with you know matter of the facts and whatnot ...just the bands no matter where they are from ....if they kick ass and sound similiar to COB ....it goes here...

Evanescence brought what The Gathering / Lucuna Coil and such did nearly ten years ago finaly to the States...

Finaly this Rap metal bullcrap is finally hanging on by a thread and replaced by this (very white) metalcore .....I blame this on Bush and myself!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I think there in the studio soon, and there new site will be up soon at, thebitchisback.org

[/ QUOTE ]Kim's been saying that for a LONG time; dn't hold your breath. The UM forum's even gone, how do they keep fan interest up? I'd like to see it, but I don't know....
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Kim's been saying that for a LONG time; dn't hold your breath. The UM forum's even gone, how do they keep fan interest up? I'd like to see it, but I don't know....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, she emailed me a few months ago and is gionna give me some **** for my Sinergy site when she has time and i am using it to distribute any new stuff about them until their new site/forum comes.

The deal with that is. They are not putting up a site until the new album is out (due to different colour schemes) and they cancelled the UM forum as the new site will be up soon with its own hosted forum and so there was no poiunt in paying for a new UM subscription when it was gonna be unused in a few months.

Comment

Sinergy will play a gig at Tuska festival in Helsinki next saturday.

Other bands worth checking out are Mors Principium Est and Omnium Gatherum. Both are from Finland and their style is rougly in the same vein as COB.

Comment

Yes Mors Pricipium Est is fuggin' awesome ...pretty technical....check out Symbyosis (my fave) and Gory Blister from Italy... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I got to meet Kim Goss at the last Brave Words show ...She's a sweetheart of a girl ......I think she and my singer Ty hit it off even better than when giving her all my charm...must been a singer thing..

we did get a nice pic together ......wish I could post it...

She's been around for a while as well ...w / Ancient Avernus .....and she guest on the Warmen cd...

she lived in Parma ohio for a little while ...No I didn't know here then...

where is Himsa from ....the states...they tip the hat to thit genre as well.

Comment

Cool I'll check out Symbyosis and Himsa out for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X