To All C.O.B. fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

They lump Himsa up with the new wave of the "metalcore" genre ...but I don't think so ....soon as I heard the first tune off 'courting tagedy and disaster....I instantly thought ....COB....

they are like a cross between COB and Lamb of God I guess...

but Imperanon is COB style big time...

another cool band w/clean vox is Virtuocity...

I got most of my 'COB' riffs ready to go into my next Bed Of Nails tune....it rips ...the coolest song I dug up so far... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Funny you mention Virtuocity. Jaska Raatakainen plays drums for them (CoB drummer)

also, if you like Melodic death metal, try out In Flames (Old stuff) Ensiferum (fin) they are Viking themed

and Shadow (Jap), Female fronted melo. death. They kill Arch enemy a million times over cause the chick from shadow can actually growl.

That said, check out

Detonation
      Enter My SIlence
      Eternal Tears of Sorrow (HAlf of kalmah was in this band before they broke up)
      In Thy Dreams
      Midnight Sun
      Nightrage
      Solar Dawn
      Warblade

Not saying these are CoB clones, but it's similar styles. CHeck them out.

Comment

I love and have all the ones you mentioned except for Detonation , Warblade , In thy Dreams...ohhhh and Solar Dawn ...

which should I get first....

Thanks for the info CON ....keep throwing them at me ...if you think of or come across any more awesome stuff...

I'll name a few more that I think are awesome ...

Mors Principium Est ...already mentioned..
        Arsis
        Beyond the embrace
        Byzantine
        Carnal Forge ...ist re-issue
        The Crown
        Coeiricon
        Darkane
        Dark Tranquility
        Divine Sine
        Demension Zero
        Diabolical
        Callenish Circle..
        Extol
        Elysium

ehhhhh that's a quick scan at the 'ol pile for now

I am compiling a list of all my favorite "clean vocal" stuff on my thred in the non related BS section ....I'm going A tru Z from my entire collection ...tonight I'm doing the "L's" ...

and when that list is done ....I'm compiling another list of what I believe are great bands with "Harsh" vox and violent / thrashy / brutal music styles...Black / Death / Thrash ...etc..

Come check it out and you'll see what I mean ...I'm doin' the clean powermetal and whatever first .....before getting nasty with the good ol thrash / death / black metal list

I know a lot of guys around here are probably a little more "hardcore" when it comes to black metal .....don't like it to "primitive" ...well I do if done right and the music is killer...even if the production is a bit crappy..

Virtuocity is fuckin' awesome....but I have to put that one on the clean vox list ......some dudes as you know just hate harsh vox no matter what

I'm trying to turn some people on that the more extreme metal is just as proficient ....if not better than their powermetal counterparts...or somethin' like that...

Thanks man ....I've been meaning to PM you for a while ....since I noticed your name really ...

these gremlins thingys are **** up...I can't get them to make faces...that's not good...

'Z Bub

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Kalmah!

Kalmah are awesome. Definately one of my favourite bands. They have some new samples on their website that sound very promising.

Comment

Re: Kalmah!

Their last one owns ......(bowing gremlin)

so does the new ...the Forasken .....amazing (worshipping gremlin)

this stuff is getting better and better in my opinion

better get my chops up to snuff .....and then some!!!

Comment

Re: Kalmah!

I picked this one up last night....it's a crazy one ...

the band is called Capharnaum.....it's on the same label as Arsis ...on willowtip records...

this seems like a pretty cool label so far ....I like Regain as well ....but their packaging is cheap ....good bands though..like Tarot , Eucarist , devil's whorehouse (sounds like old danzig) , space oddyssy , Time requiem ....there's a bunch...

I spend wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much $$$$$ on this stuff....but I can't help it ...I love metal!!!!!!!

Comment

I got my Ensiferium s/t on now ....it's like COB married Skyclad ....I like 'em though...but have to be in a happier mood for them ....at least right now ...

I'm putting terror 2000 on .....that's the closest to my band's style at times I suppose....

Disharmornia Mundi is **** awesome (worshipping gremlin)....it has speed (soilwork / terror 2000) on vocals ...please check out Disharnonia Mundi .....it just came out last month...very cool stuff.

Century media has it...for $12

I don't like the new in flames ....sad to say ....I love and worship all there older stuff up to RTR ...some of that grew on me ........

what's with the Korn BS there goin' for now .....I hate when bands do that crap ....stay who you are .....that's why we like you ....stay "In Flames"

I fuckin' hate Korn....I hate them ....they suck IMO ....suck horrible ass

American is pickin' up on swedish styles and sweden wants to get ghettoized ....I don't get it....(head scratchin' gremlin)

I picked up a band called Transport League (swedish dudes).....it sucks ebonical American balls....WTF???????!!!!! ( very angry and confused gremlin)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yes Mors Pricipium Est is fuggin' awesome ...pretty technical....check out Symbyosis (my fave) and Gory Blister from Italy... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]I got to meet Kim Goss at the last Brave Words show ...She's a sweetheart of a girl ......I think she and my singer Ty hit it off even better than when giving her all my charm...must been a singer thing..we did get a nice pic together ......wish I could post it...She's been around for a while as well ...w / Ancient Avernus .....and she guest on the Warmen cd...she lived in Parma ohio for a little while ...No I didn't know here then...where is Himsa from ....the states...they tip the hat to thit genre as well.

[/ QUOTE ]She also played keyboards for Dimmu Borgir on tour; that's how she met Alexi, when COB was new and either unsigned, or their first record hadn't yet come out.
                  Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

No wonder she was hanging with Silenoz (dimmu).....that dude was sooooooooo fuggin' wasted ....he wore the same cloathes for three days ....

I was fuckin' with him about their DVD...he had no clue what the hell I was saying .....he liked what I was saying ....he just didn't know what I was saying .....you see what I'm saying...

Comment

CoB, Kalmah, Norther are all great bands, really love them

I've seen CoB twice and both shows were awesome. I met Alexi and he's also the coolest guy, really took the time to have a chat with us and have a beer
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I worshipped Alexi since Something wild came out....I thought it was amazing ....I couldn't wait to meet him ....

when I finally did they were w / Dimmu and my good buds in Nevermore ....Loomis is my bro!!!! ,,,,So is Warrel ....you know who loves my ass ....Van Williams ....he always gravitates around me and I talk my usual stupid crap when I'm all **** up...he says I remind him exactly like his best freind and roomate in New York....I get that new york thing a lot ....I never been to New York ....but I'm Italian ...that's probably it ...I talk like a cross between Andrew Dice Clay and Joe Pesci....seriously...I talk with my hands a lot and always spill beer on whoever I'm talking to ....it's awesome ....everyone takes a turn and get's beer bath with the Bill Z Bub...ask Cleveland metal (John) about that ..he'll vouch for all the mishaps....including him at King Diamond ....sorry dude I love you!!!!

well I didn't spill beer on Alexi ....but I wish I did ....he was a real ass hole when I met him that night ....he played great but his tone sucked (maybe it was the soundman as usual)....but Loomis still owned the night by far...he da man!!!!!

Then I saw them again ...he remembered me (not hard to do) and he was a total differnt person that time ....you don't know how disappointed I was at his demeanor with me the first time ...I was so pissed I posted a thread ranting all about it ...some of you may remember that...

Right mow I'm listening to My Ruin ....harsh / punk chick singer ....with a Zakk wylde type of player with her.....I don't know where there from ...nor do I care ....but they're OK...so far...

I guess i'm not going to bed today....

Comment

OH dude BTW ....If you like After Forever ....you'll probably love Epica .....I like Epica a tad better than AE...

Comment

I know I'm friends with one of the guitar players of Epica [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My Ruin is funny.. blasphemous girl is a really cool song, but I don't really care for the rest.. they remind me of kittie :P
                            "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Yeah my Ruin is a bit disappointing....

I don't recommend it ...

Comment

Dude ...Oh ....yeah Epica rules ...if you're into this sorta thing .....I think they're very good!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X