Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kalmah!

Skyfire KICKS ASS!!!!!

I prefer them by quite a bit over COB--though I'm definitely a COB fan, as well. They definitely work in a similar style, but Skyfire's music seems a bit sleeker, with more interesting harmonic development--not just the neo-classical thing.

Comment

Skyfire have some **** awesome songs but i prefer CoB just because they have NOT written a bad song (to my ears).

Comment

Agreed ....I think the new Skyfire and Forsaken is awesome ....

I think out of all of them Darkane's rusted angel get's the most play ...I love that album!!!! (headbangin' gremlin)
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Right now i listen to the new Norther album and it really rules.
          Scanning through their homepage i found an cool pic of one of their guitar players playing a Jackson.

Love those skull inlays ! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Right now i listen to the new Norther album and it really rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such a good album, I've been listening to it non-stop for quite a while now...

Comment

Death Unlimited is awesome ....!!!

Have you heard the italian fukkers Node yet .....very good!!!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I checked out Himsa, All That Remains and Trivium. All are kick ass bands.

About Transport League. Albums Satanic Panic and Superevil are clearly the best ones. New one is kinda crappy compared to those older ones.

Then some news from Tuska festival, Alexi Laiho played through Bogner Uberschall with Sinergy. Best show was Fear Factory but Dio still showed everybody else how you are supposed to sing hardrock [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img].
                Dew-Scented from Germany also played tight set, if you like Slayer you'll like them too. Impact is the album to get.

-Mika

Comment

Uberschall huh.....well I got that covered [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm sure he was quite impressed when he heard Shaffer's during their tour...

The Uber kills his Larry amp he has .....IMO and his too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh man I love Kalmah! Anything in that COB vein I really like, Nother's great too as is Eternal Tears Of Sorrow.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

CS You wouold really like Imeranon then ...

I must list all my favorite swedish style death thras ....even though some aren't from sweden ...I'll do that tomorrow ...I'm still working on the clean vocal list ...I'm nearing the end of that one ...then I'll commit to this genre of goodies ...which is my favorite BTW.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Uberschall huh.....well I got that covered [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I'm sure he was quite impressed when he heard Shaffer's during their tour...

[/ QUOTE ]

Local company called Musamaailma just started to import Bogner to Finland and they also are Esp importers and are responsible for Alexi's endorsement deal with Esp. So I think that they threw one Uberschall at his direction and Alexi knowing what it is caught it.

Comment

Uberschall are thes best head in the biz for METAL in my book!

Comment

Sidenote for Carpahnaum....

Anyone who is into Canada's MARTYR will already know this (maybe...) but this is Dan Mongrain's side-project (although it sounds a LOT like Martyr) Dan only plays guitar on it, and produced it...but the vocals sound just like his!

Comment

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well since COB took hold of some major popularity in the states and the rest of the world....that seemed to spawn a whole new new batch of COB clones ....but with too much talent to call them wannabes...

Besides bands like Skyfire , Node , Norther , Throne Of chaos , Kalmah , Arise and such ...

it seems like it just keeps coming with Imperanon's debut on Nuclear Blast "Stained" ...

I think you'll like it ....I sure do.

just want to share my enthusiasm..for this awesome style of metal.... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont think theyre really clones, but like american metal has its consistancies, so does finish metal. Children of bodom just made it popular and opened things up for other bands who shared a similar sound. Just my oppinion. But i will be checking those bands out. norther kicks ass.

Comment

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

Really late on this one, but oh well.

I really dig this style of 'metal.' Throne of Chaos is definitely dead on but I only really like Menace And Prayer as well as their earlier demo stuff. Their later albums (with the different vocal stylings - sorta barking and power metal) seem to lack something. Plus the previous vocalist's style was about 10 times more strong and catchy.

Norther is great, Death Unlimited definitely was a step in the right direction from Mirror Of Madness (didn't really like it). Fallen Star rules!

Kalmah is probably one of my favorite out of the 'style' just because their songs are so damn aggressive. They seem to favor speedy / heavy riffing instead of some of the neo-classical-ish stylings as many of the bands opt for. I have their three latest releases and they're getting better and better. Too bad they rarely play out.

Stormlord (From Italy, I believe) is another band that's sorta similar in style... But more power metal-ish. Check out the song Under The Samnites Spears if you can.

Suidakra is somewhat similar... If you like CoB you might like them. Again a power-metal feel in this band.

Anyone who likes any of the bands in this thread should at the very least check out Omnium Gatherum from Finland (As ConcreteShoes mentioned). I grabbed their stuff from mp3.com a long time ago and ended up ordering their album the moment it was released. They're technical, heavy, and very melodic. Their singer also puts a lot of umph into his vocals. Check it out.. http://www.saunalahti.fi/~wanhala/OG/

Comment

Working...
                                X