To All C.O.B. fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

Carpahnaum / At the gates / Arch Enemy / Arsis / Symbyosis (the best) / Theory in Practice / Soilwork / Darkane / Eucharist / Dimension Zero / The Haunted / Witchery / Cynic / Byzantine / Callenish Circle / Carnal Forge / Coroner / The Crown / Conroled Denied / Dark Tranquilty / Disharmania Mundi / Elysium / Enforsaken / Extol / Fragments of unbecoming / Gardenain / Gory Blister / Hatesphere / The haunted / Hearse / Helstar / Forbidden / The Forsaken/ Entombed / Carcass / Hexenhause / Himsa / Into eternity / Kalmah / eternal tears of sorrow / Last Crack / Lemur Voice / Lyzanxia / Diabolical / Godgory / Martyr / Mekong Delta / Mercenary / Mershugga / Lamb of God / The black dialiah murder / Mors principium Est / Necrodeth / Nevremore / Night in Gales / Nightrage / Non exist / Arise / Nail Within / Node / No Return / Norther / Opeth / Orphaned Land / Athesit / Pesteilence / Prototype / Psychotic Waltz / Raise Hell / Sentenced / Sabbat / Sadist / Sadus / Shadow / Shadows fall / Soul Embraced / Soilwork / Space Odessy / Edge of Sanity / Nocturnus / Time Requiem / Silver Seraph / Opus Atlantica / Soul Reaper / Monstronsity / Spiral Architech / Theory in Practice / Therion / Amorhis / My dying bride / Throne of Chaos / Torchbearer / Katatonia / Tourniquet / Terror 2000 / Defaced / Skyfire / Norther / Imperanon / NEVERMORE / Virtuocity / Warmaen / Sinergy / COB / Within Y / Wuthering Height s / Abstract algebra / Wolverine / Watch Them Die / Evergrey / Sceptic/ Winds / Zero Hour / Psycroptic / DemiGod / Compos mentus / Blinded Colony Textures.......some new stuff like all that remains and Killswitch engage ....but I can't stand the vocals in KE.....but the guitars are pretty good.

this is the stuff that I'm most found of ....I'm sure I skipped tons .....this stuff get's lots of play at the homestead!!

I'm also a huge fan of DOOM ...Candlemass / Krux / Memento mori / Memory Garden / Solitude aeturnus..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill...another good DOOM act to check out if you haven't already... Daylight Dies

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Originally posted by Inearthed:
        Suidakra is somewhat similar... If you like CoB you might like them. Again a power-metal feel in this band.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, I'm not the world's biggest COB fan, but I don't see a lot of comparisons between the two bands... "somewhat similar", which is what you said, would be the closest degree I would compare them. There are unknown reasons why Suidakra is my second favorite band of all time... I'm still trying to figure it out myself. Glad you know about them... you must be the third JCFer I've heard to mention Suidakra in the history of the JCF. Seriously nice guys too, and funny to talk to. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh I have one Suidakra ...their first one I suppose ...how many do they have ...I must get more ...they are great

and Warrior if you say Daylight Dies is awesome ....then it's awesome ....I'll be picking that up too...

I'm spending hordes of $$$$ on this stuff ....better than buyin Cocaine or heroin ....just a little weed and metal is fine with me... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You have their super-rare "Dawn" demo cassette, Bill? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

They have:

-"Dawn" demo cassette, recorded when they were like 18 years old, I actually managed to score one a few months ago
            -"Lupine Essence" CD
            -"Auld Lang Syne" CD
            -"Lays From Afar" CD
            -"The Arcanum" CD
            -"Emprise To Avalon" concept album CD, my personal choice, and on Century Media Records at this time
            -"Signs For The Fallen" CD, also on Century Media Records, this album is the next evolution in their style, leaning quite a bit towards the Swedish thrash and melodic death styles

And they're currently recording their next album.

I'd personally recommend the three most recent albums as they have become better at refining their sound and style.

Comment

Re: Kalmah!

Im so glad you put this stuff up here, Im haeding into the city tonight to buy new cd's, now I know at least I know what I'll be looking for!!

CHEERS!!

Comment

COOL NOTH ....no as a matter of fact I picked up Two early Comecon cds today (on Century media ) and two old Impaled Nazarines (Osmose) ...Man the old stuff sounds like the **** I'm writing today...I thought I an coming up with something fresh just to discover it's been done 15 years ago ...what a ballbuster...but at least I can put my twist on it and try to kick it in the ass a little ...butt the riffage is right in synch with my mindset and the phrasing as well ....and I just bought this stuff.....what a trip indeed!

Comment

himsa is good but their vocalist soudns too much like jamey jasta.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Funny you mention Virtuocity. Jaska Raatakainen plays drums for them (CoB drummer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actualy he played on the first record.

We have good bands in here [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] haha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

bill did you hear Necrophagists-Epitaph yet? if so what did you think?.....
                      www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

No I didn't ...another guy I met at Ozzfest was askin' and tellin' me the same thing about Necropahagists..which I got mixed up with Necrophagia.....I guess I must check into them

Right now I do have the new Carnal Forge "are you dead yet" on and it's friggin' great!!!!!

Hateshphere ...the battel of the brut ,,,,goes on next!!!

just picked these two up...

also Asperity ..with Carnal Forge drummer and one guitarist is pretty good for a more traditional flavor ...clean vox on that..not bad.

Anyone into Godgory ....I really love this band ...they never get a lick of mention ...very ornate metal ...people into Therion with a splash of swedish thrash would probably like 'em..I really do!!!

Comment

NOTP ...I will pick up that Emprise to avalon disc from CM ....may as well.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Bill - if you're into Doom, check out While Heaven Wept, I think the title is "Empires of Forelorn" (sp?) or something like that. They have a fairly epic sound, not "blusey" like Sabbath, but more like SA or Memory garden with a bit more keys and symphonic elements.
                            ...that the play is the tragedy, "Man"

Comment

Man.....alot of good info on bands I've never heard of. My wife is gonna be pissed when she see's how much I'm spending on new CD's [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                NOTP ...I will pick up that Emprise to avalon disc from CM ....may as well.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooh! Lemme know how you like it. If you want more of a "Swedish metal" feel, pick up "Signs For The Fallen" as well. I know you're also particularly fond of that style too.

Dang, it's been a while since I purchased any metal CDs since I last splurged at TheEndRecords.com. Gotta get fired up again. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X