To All C.O.B. fans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To All C.O.B. fans...

get epitaph from necrophagist.....extremely technical and tight!!i would say its going to be one of the if not THE release of the year
    www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

I'll check em out!

Comment

Damn too much stuff to buy ...I went to my usual used store and picked up more Immortal and Hate Eternal ...five bucks for both ...can't beat that!

Guys I love stuff like Memory garden (while heaven wept huh?)..I just picked up a new release called Debase "Unleashed" ..Swedish metal produced by one of my faves Fred Nordstrom...I always like the way his stuff..**** who don't ...he's knows how to get some great tones and drum sound ..

well this album is very weak!!!

I picked it up from the End because it was described along the lines of momento mori ...that's all I had to hear ....believe me it's not..

The new Carnal Forge "are you dead yet" fuggin' rules ..I can't stop playing it ...seems like it goes by quick ....I think it may be there best one yet ..I think it is!!!

anyone hear the new Crematory yet ...I like them too ..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Re: Kalmah!

[ QUOTE ]
          Sidenote for Carpahnaum....

Anyone who is into Canada's MARTYR will already know this (maybe...) but this is Dan Mongrain's side-project (although it sounds a LOT like Martyr) Dan only plays guitar on it, and produced it...but the vocals sound just like his!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan didn't produce the Capharnaum album, he just came down for a session thing. Jason Suecof of Audiohammer studios wrote all the music, recorded, and produced the album, he just had guys in as session members.
          Last time I spoke with JF Houle (Martyr's manager) he said that Dan MAY have been doing a small bit of touring sometime with Capharnaum, but I guess thats on hold now since Matt Heafy is touring with Trivium.

Dan is IMO the most brilliant guitarist in metal today...

Comment

Check out their label mates ARSIS ...I like them even better than Capharnaum...

Warrior turned me unto them..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Sidenote for Carpahnaum....

Anyone who is into Canada's MARTYR will already know this (maybe...) but this is Dan Mongrain's side-project (although it sounds a LOT like Martyr) Dan only plays guitar on it, and produced it...but the vocals sound just like his!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dan didn't produce the Capharnaum album, he just came down for a session thing. Jason Suecof of Audiohammer studios wrote all the music, recorded, and produced the album, he just had guys in as session members.
              Last time I spoke with JF Houle (Martyr's manager) he said that Dan MAY have been doing a small bit of touring sometime with Capharnaum, but I guess thats on hold now since Matt Heafy is touring with Trivium.

Dan is IMO the most brilliant guitarist in metal today...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah...ok...I knew Dan was involved with the project...but not 100% sure as to what extent.
              Matt Heafy's Trivium are awesome too.

Comment

I saw that Carnal Forge cd in the store when I picked up Atreyu. Should have got that instead.

Comment

the latest Carnal Forge .."are you dead yet" is awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I just traded in my Atreyu and As I lay dying....I tried to like but it is NOT my bag....especially the very gay happy vocals!

what's with that back and forth crap already....scream ....then gay .....scream .....gay ....scream .....gay...ohhhhh boy!

I traded it for the new Lamb of God "ashes of the wake" and a very old Amorphis EP. ...a good trade..IMO..

Comment

Can't wait for the new LOG. Check the Atreyu thread. I took your advice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

So doesn't the new CF kick ass... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Kalmah is my fav of the finnish black/power they rule.

Comment

Kalmah is friggin' great ...I have my chosen few favorite bands..

I'll be postin' them soon.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            So doesn't the new CF kick ass... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                            HELL YES! Like your new sig BTW

Comment

Thanks ....it's true.

Hey dude you should check out my list on my Bill' home thread in non related BS section. It's a list of all clean vocal metal ...just clean vocals ...I'm at the S's now..almost done..

when I'm done I'm doing another list just as long for dirty vocals / extreme stuf..like the kind of bands we're discussing on this thread...

There is a reason why I'm doing two lists ..I'll explain later ...I have an agenda! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey guys and girl..

I just got a batch of about 25 to 30 new cds...all in their wrappers ..

OK I have the latest Throne Of Chaos "Loss Angeles" playing ..they are going by "TOC" now and have changed their style dramatically ...which was a bit disappointing to me because it's total prog metal ..even though it is decent prog metal ....but I wanted their old formula...They were morphing into this on their last disc ..with clean vox and guest spots ...but now it's pretty light ...very light for them.

Prog metal dudes would probably love it ...They should have changed their name all together perhaps ...because if I picked up this album thinking it was some other band I'd probably like it ...now isn't that stupid ...but it';s true..

The new Enforsaken goes on next ...they kicked my butt with their first long EP...and these are very young dudes...well not so much now..so I'm having high expectations on this one ...I hope so ...it can make up for the money I spent on TOC. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X