Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZAKK THROWS GIBSON LP GOLTOP BULLSEYE INTO CROWD!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZAKK THROWS GIBSON LP GOLTOP BULLSEYE INTO CROWD!!

Yep. The real deal. Total Custom Shop. Had binding on the front and neck like a standard but with an ebony board and block inlays. Black bullseye over goldtop. The neck had a light finish on it. I guess so it would not warp from being in different climate changes so frequently. The Paintjob was cool as hell but not perfect. A road guitar for sure. Still cool as hell to give it up like that. The guy who caught it doesn't even play... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] Let's see if it ends up on ebay.

It was chipped/scratched up a bit and had his EMG setup in it. I was able to check it out for a while and it was the real deal folks... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Does he do that at every show? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] He just unplugged it and hung it over the crowd... Then he let it go. Cool. Wish I was closer and able to grab it.

Re: ZAKK THROWS GIBSON LP GOLTOP BULLSEYE INTO CROWD!!

Dayum.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Wendy O. Williams used to do that. But she used to chainsaw it in half first. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It was a cheap LP copy though. In 1987 I got half of one of WOW's axes....at the Country Club in Reseda, CA. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah, I heard that he's giving away all his Gibsons and strictly playing Jacksons now that he's endorsed- he realized that Jacksons are superior guitars after using that RRV so much.

Here's his new Jackson signature model:

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Pretty nice looking sig Zakk Wylde Les paul. It appears to have only a bridge pickup. Was it just the camera angle or is that true?

Comment

Isn't that Marty Friedman's? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah thats martys lol and no I dout that zakk started useing Jacksons [except for that one ltd he's got] //Steve

Comment

Yeah, sorry guys- my post was a joke [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Does he do that at every show?

[/ QUOTE ]

He used it at the 1st date of the tour in Hartford, CT. I even commented about how cool the Gold was with the bullseye in a previous thread. I didn't even get a pick, much less a guitar! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

What city was it where he threw it out?! I imagined it created quite a ruckus (aka a lot of pushing/shoving /fighting in the crowd) until somebody came up with it! I'm actually surprised the neck didn't snap from crowd pulling, etc. If Zakk throws his Rhoads out, I imagine his wife will be quite angry!
                  "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

He did that at the NJ show on Saturday, when I saw it happen I didnt even accept what I was seeing. I was at the NY show 2 days earlier and that was amazing but the NJ show was great because of all his roadies running to the front of the stage after all left trying to retreave the guitar then getting pissed and leaving too.
                    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I have seen a guitar get hauled apart into pieces by hungry fans. People tugging on it from every angle. Its kind of nice people respect the guitar and let the dude keep it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        ...but the NJ show was great because of all his roadies running to the front of the stage after all left trying to retreave the guitar then getting pissed and leaving too.

[/ QUOTE ]

So the roadies actually tried to get the guitar back after Zakk threw it in the crowd!?! Maybe he makes a habit of doing this! Those high-priced pit tix for Ozzfest would be worth if you had a chance to get a Zakk Wylde signature at every show! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Here's a crazy story that you can believe it or not, but was told to me by the man himself that your roadie story just reminded me of.

Anyway, way back when- in England there was a little known band named Black Sabbath. The roadies for the band used to sell Iommi's guitars to an unsuspecting sucker and then follow him home after the show and steal the guitar back. Iommi of course didn't know anything about this scam (yeah right?!) and could always plead innocent because someone must have 'stole' his guitar during the show.

One of his original white SG's (worth major$$$) was obtained this way by Neil Kernon (producer of Cannibal Corpse, etc.) who still owns the guitar. Iommi has even claimed that Neil stole it and wants it back desperately. Despite Iommi's huge cash $$$ offers, Neil still owns the peice.

Roadies trying to get a guitar back after Zakk gave it away, hehe.

Comment

Re: ZAKK THROWS GIBSON LP GOLTOP BULLSEYE INTO CRO

I didn't see Zakk throw any guitars into the crowd yesterday at the Nissan Pavillion in Virginia. Maybe he's running out of Les Pauls to ditch...

Great show all around, by the way. The pit might be ok (I wouldn't know--wasn't willing to spend the $$$), but the REAL show at Ozzfest is the crowd in the lawn section, where I was at. Bonfires, flying objects, topless women, spontaneous mosh pits...it just doesn't get any better than that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: ZAKK THROWS GIBSON LP GOLTOP BULLSEYE INTO CRO

I was also at the VA show and no he didnt give away any guitar and i was about 20 feet from the stage. Anyway it was a great show, Priest stole the show, they rocked like you wouldnt believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X