Adrian Vandemberg 'n Dave Spitz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Vandemberg 'n Dave Spitz

Can anybody tell me something about Adrian Vandemberg and Dave Spitz. Haven't heard about them for a while... I red somewhere that Dave is using Dean guitars now... Why did he left (or was fired) of Anthrax? Do someone has a Vandemberg guitar that could tell me something about it?

PS. Hey! found something cool here... Now I can say it once in a while - [img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Re: Adrian Vandemberg \'n Dave Spitz

Dave is the bass-playing brother of former Anthrax guitarist Dan Spitz... He did a 20 Questions with Metal Sludge in 2001.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Dave? Dan?... see that I haven't heard about him lately. I did not red the Metal Sludge, that's why I don't know and asking about bro.

Comment

Dan Spitz was booted from Anthrax, became a Jesus freak, went to Switzerland to watch repair school (his grandfather also repaired expensive watches), opened his own jewelry store after that. Last I heard, he was endorsing Dean guitars and supposed to do a project with Nicko McBrain on drums... not sure what's going on with that or if it was ever released or what.

And like Todd said... Dave "The Beast" Spitz is Dan's brother and a bass player.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Dave? Dan?... see that I haven't heard about him lately. I did not red the Metal Sludge, that's why I don't know and asking about bro.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's more than obvious you didn't know. I'm sure that was why you asked, hence the link to the Metal Sludge article bro.
          Occupy JCF

Comment

So where is Dan Spitz now?
            I saw a photo of Dan with the drummer of Iron Maiden while back.

Comment

Living in Miami , The brothers Spitz recently judged a GC guitar contest here in Miami. I spoke to Danny a little bit but he didn't have much to say about the music buisness. since I'm 6'6 it was kinda funny talking to him he is really short. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              According To The Prophecy

Comment

adrian vandenberg did a small reunion with his band Vandenburg an few months ago, it seems that he is finally recovered from some nerve damage in his hand which disabled him to play on the slip of the tongue -whitesnake
                the rest of the time he is active in producing local bands

Comment

Well, now I know, not too much but something. Thanks bros! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Living in Miami , The brothers Spitz recently judged a GC guitar contest here in Miami. I spoke to Danny a little bit but he didn't have much to say about the music buisness. since I'm 6'6 it was kinda funny talking to him he is really short. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Dave did the one in WPB at Gc. Nice guy, very down to earth.
                    www.kiddhavok.com
                    www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      adrian vandenberg did a small reunion with his band Vandenburg an few months ago, it seems that he is finally recovered from some nerve damage in his hand which disabled him to play on the slip of the tongue -whitesnake
                      the rest of the time he is active in producing local bands

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's been recovered from the hand injury for quite awhile now. He actually cowrote and played on Whitesnake's 1997 album "Restless Heart" that was never released in the USA. I'm surprised he's not participating in the current Whitesnake 'revival/reunion/whatever you call it'.

Comment

no the recovery only took place a short while ago, he was able to play on Restless heart but wasn't able to play fast for prolonged times (that's why his playing become more bluesy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) and that's why he wasn't involved in the last Whitesnake tour. I'm not quite sure whether he went into surgery or got some sort of therapy but in a recent interview he said he was finally able to play without pain again

Comment

Wow, you learn something new everyday. I'm glad he finally recovered. Sounds like he should have visited a chiropracter a long time ago.

Comment

Yep ... glad to hear he is doing ok... hope to hear something from him in the future.

Comment

Vandenberg just put out a 2-CD best-of collection that featured no less than 3 versions of "Burning Heart". In addition to the regular versions of many of their songs, the 2nd disc had a lot of demo versions and a few live cuts. In addition, and I don't know how recent it is, there was also a live DVD of Vandenberg from about 1983 or so. I picked it up and while they didn't have the most over-the-top show I've ever seen, they played quite well and Adrian was really impressive, in my opinion.
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X