Who the F is Esteban?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who the F is Esteban?

Sorry, I came home angry and got drunk, then saw this tool trying to be Johnny Cash and Elvis' love child selling a crappy guitar on an informercial. I've ignored this guy long enough.

Is he anything other than an old guitarist that HSN signed on to pedal chinese acoustics, or is he somebody?

He sure ain't no Andre Segovia, but who is he?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: Who the F is Esteban?

He's a pretty descent guitarist. His guitars aren't that bad either for the price. He kind of reminds me of Roy Clark, when he was selling his product in the late 70's. The difference there is that Roy's guitars truely sucked!!
    1990 Jackson Professional
    1992 Dean ML
    2004 Epiphone Flying V
    2005 Epiphone Dot
    2009 Fender Stratocaster
    2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
    2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
    2006 Fender P Bass
    2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
    1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
    1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
    Custom Pedalboard
    ADA MP1
    ADA FX2
    Tascam 2488

Comment

Yeah, I remember Roy selling those colored dots for the fretboard during commercial breaks when Hee-Haw was on.
      Hey, the girls on Hee-Haw werem't bad looking....oh I've said too much again.
      But on Esteban, he may not be a bad guitarist, but they act like everyone should recognize him. I know that's how commercials work, but the guy had to have some street credit or something before this, right?
      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

he's a pud ....i know a dude that got suckered into buying his crapola ....the lesson , the guitar was unplayable...

i think he used to be on CHIPS .....now he's doin' anything for cash...i think he played ponch ....or maybe sancho from orgazmo... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

You mean this guy?

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...mod5/ponch.bmp

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You mean this guy?

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...mod5/ponch.bmp

[/ QUOTE ]
            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

The guy IS more than a decent guitarist and his guitar for $99.00 is definitely worth the price. There are alot crappier guitars and guitarists out there. Just think if he's a nobody then who the hell are we ?

Comment

He's obviously done something right [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                What that is I don't know. But it must be something [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                1990 Jackson Professional
                1992 Dean ML
                2004 Epiphone Flying V
                2005 Epiphone Dot
                2009 Fender Stratocaster
                2007 Fender H/S/S Stratocaster
                2004 Fender Telecaster Deluxe
                2006 Fender P Bass
                2006 Ibanez Exotic Acoustic
                1984 Marshall JCM800 Stack
                1996 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe DeVille
                Custom Pedalboard
                ADA MP1
                ADA FX2
                Tascam 2488

Comment

He is an annoying tool created by the home shopping network. I consider him the musical equivalent of Tony Little. I would guess the majority of strokes who bought his guitar and video's also own Tony Little Gazelle's, ab rollers and of course that piece of crap Autobike, not to mention a few Tai-Bo videos. He sucks and makes me want to punch the TV everytime I see him and his crap Korean guitar online. He should advertise how easily the guitar slides under the bed or in the closet because that is where 99% of them spend their lives. What a waste of airtime and trees. There is a sucker born every minute and most of them shop on the HSN.

Comment

I thought I read some where he was one of Segovia's last students. It could have been a bunch of [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] for all I know.

Jason

Comment

Here are some reviews. Only two pos and one of those is a parent who bought it for their kid, so all they know is it was cheap. http://www.musicgearreview.com/music...stic%20Guitars
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

He's actually a great guitar player if you like spanish stlye..As far as the guitar its made in Mexico not korea...I wouldnt buy it..He says it compares to the custom 3000 dollar guitar he plays ..I ask then why pay 3 grand .just get the 99 dollar one and save some money ...

Also I think he's zorro's long lost cousin or brother or something

Comment

Yeah I always thought he had the Zorro thing going on. You gotta take the total package into perspective. As guitarists WE KNOW this $99 guitar is only good for campfires, kids, and beginners. I think that part that irritates me and others is they lie about quality, use terminology like "fine craftsmanship", and have an unknown (who they make out to be famous) peddle it.
                          They should be honest and say it's a cheap guitar, not intended for serious use, and worth 99 bucks will all the other bs you get.

Comment

he's gay and all who swindled by his gayness is a student of gayity .....you get that on t-shirt with when ordering his delightful bullcrap!

Estaban's Aprentice of Gayity .....yes that what you are. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

BTW... the F stands for Fukkwad, or Felatist. He sucks and so does his mother.

Comment

Working...
                              X