Does anyone have....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have....

...the issue of Guitar One that gives the details on Jade Puget of AFI's guitar setup? I think it was from earlier this year or late last year. If anyone can hook me up with the info I'd really appreciate it!

Re: Does anyone have....

I got your back, Willie. Here goes nothing;

"Jade's Gibson Les Paul Specials send signals to a Shure wireless system in a rack that according to his tech R.J., houses equpment used and unused. A Korg tuner keeps his D'Addario .011-.049 strings in tune. The Palmer direct box used to be for bassist Hunter. A Line 6 PODxt provides most of the guitarist's sounds, amplified by a Crest CPX 1500 stereo power amp and ultimately heard through two Marshall 4x12 straight-front cabs housing Celestion speakers. The Line 6 Filter Pro is not currently in use, and the Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier is used only occasionally. A Korg Kaos unit supplies live versions of some of the sampled sounds heard on the new record."

The pic in the article also shows that he has a Furman Power Conditioner in his rack. After an internet search, I couldn't find one of those "artist renderings" of his gear, sorry.

You can never say that I don't love you, 'cause I typed all that stuff out, verbatim, from the damn magazine. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks dude I really appreciate it. I think they made a mistake on his guitars-I've only ever seen him using 2 or 3 Les Paul Studios, and a Standard WAY back in the day. It was weird when I saw them, because he had an old Marshall head and a Vox AC30, each on top of a Marshall 4x12, and two racks full of stuff-Line 6 rack effects, two Dual Rec heads, Boss VF-1, POD Pro, and a bunch of other stuff. Thanks again!

Comment

yeah, i def. think they **** on his guitars. I swear he uses studios live all the time, he's got like 5 of them, and he writes on a LP Standard, the black one with the Refused sticker on it.

Willy, you gave better info than they did! but their website has an equiment listing. its kind of old, but you can check that out too at afireinside.net. Jade's amazing...haha.

Comment

The pic that Guitar One has accompanying the article shows a 5 guitar rack with 2 J-Basses and 3 LP's. All the LP's are black, two have stickers on them, two have trapazoid inlays, and one has dots. All look to have Rosewood boards. Beats the hell outta me. Oh, and he has 2 Dual Recs in his rack, but one is a "spare". Must be nice...

Comment

That Studio with the dots is his main guitar...see he used to just plug straight into a Dual Rec and a Marshall cabinet for years, then I think he added some effects and other things like the VF1, then he added the stuff to the setup that they have on their website. I guess his rig has been in a weird state of things coming in and out since then.

Comment

Working...
            X