Report on Van Halen Kansas City July 26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report on Van Halen Kansas City July 26

I'm pretty much with Greg's post from the OKC show. Band looked good and was having fun. Van Halen has ALWAYS been sloppy live. Even back in the Roth days. If it wasn't Roth ad-libing lyrics, then it was Eddie doing some whack ass improv in the middle of the song.

Mix was good, sound level was good. Eddie played his old tobacco quilt top wolfgangs and the 5150 strat head for one song. No cherry sunburst wolfie with sustainer like he was using earlier in the tour.
    Eddie spent a lot of time dicking with his cord. Dude go wireless.

Now for the solos..
    Bass solo sucked but short.
    Better than usual drum solo, also shorter than the old days.
    Sammy's solos was ok, nothing great.
    Guitar solo...hmmm I hate to say it but I could not wait for it to be over with. Nothing but random crap noise for about 3/4 of it. Last quarter had bits and pieces of std Eddie licks. At one point he said in a slurred voice. "I just **** around, I'll play something you know in a minute."

I enjoyed the show because I love Van Halen but I would have trouble dropping that much jack again to see them.

Re: Report on Van Halen Kansas City July 26

I guess the boys will be rolling into town (St. Louis)anytime now... Maybe I'll head to the Ritz and see if I can't get a shot of em...

Pat

Comment

I was staying at the same hotel as VH during Monsters of Rock...came back from work (I had just started a new job in PA) and was walking through the lobby when they came out of the elevators. Got caught in a crush of fans (hot chicks!)...everyone wanted an autograph but needed some paper...so I whipped open my brief case...yeah I felt like a dork! Sammy signed my pad of paper "812...Sammy"...so I reply...that's where the party is??? He looks at me like WTF?!?! Hey, I wasn't really into VH after DLR left. Oh well...after that I raced up to my room to get out of my suit, back into normal clothes, then back to enjoy the LADIES!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I was there too. I have to agree that 3/4 of Eddie's solo was noise. I did enjoy the show though. They looked like they were having a good time. I think that they should have ended it with a cooler song than "when its love" but whatever.

I could never understand what eddie was saying over the microphone. His timing seemed a little off at times. I'm thinking that he was either on pain killers or drunk.

It was kinda funny, during Right Now they have that video going behind them and Eddie was improving the solo and hit a sour note. After his solo it said "Eddie feels great." I bet he did. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Your show ended with When It's Love? Ours ended with Panama(2nd encore) and yes, I couldn't understand much of what Eddie slurred into the microphone either.

Comment

Working...
          X