Opinions on Rust In Peace re-issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Rust In Peace re-issue

Anyone else picked it up yet? (FYI, its on sale at Best Buy for $10.99). Honestly, its probably the best CD re-issue I've yet heard. It truly sounds like the whole thing was recorded this year. The modern production sounds great! Its not just the usual beef up the drums and bass job, You can actually distinguish the guitar playing and singing better now too. Not to mention the bonus demo tracks w/ Poland playing leads. Can't wait to hear the others (especially Peace Sells).

Re: Opinions on Rust In Peace re-issue

I picked it up. It's been a long time since I have listened to the original so it's hard to compare the differences. The new one rocks though. The bonus tracks lack some of the spit and polish but are nice additions. I like it and want to pick up the others as well.
    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

yeah all the downloads sounded good and I compared em to the originals as well , I can't wait till I have the cash to buy em //Steve

Comment

rust in peace has always sounded good.

wanna know how so far so good sounds remastered. that has to be the worst produced big league album of all time.

Comment

Are all the megadeth re-issues on sale at best buy or just Rust?? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
          Custom Shop-There is no substitute!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Exactly. I haven't heard the remastered, but I don't think I want to waste my money on a cd I already have. Can it really be that much better?
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yes they are that much better. I bought them all yesterday and I can definitely say it was well worth the money. The sound quality is just amazing. The MD45 album is much better with Dave singing as well.

Best Buy does have them on sale. The sticker on the cd is $13.99, but when they ring them up they are all $10.99. I believe this price will only be for the first week the cd's are out. Total for all 8 cd's was $94 and change

Comment

you know I am not a fan of "re-mastered " cds ....I like the warmess that the original analog source has even though it's does shows it's limitations ...

Remastered always sound much louder and tweaked but with a very brash overall sound to them ...

I have both Original and remastered stuff of the same band ....Like Sabbath for instance and I have alway prefered the vibe of the unmessed with original sound ....just have to turn the stereo up a bit louder ....but it sounds better to my ears.....like it did the first time I heard it.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

But If I'm obessesed with a band such as Candlemass...I bought all their early re-issue remasteres because it's a really nice package with plenty of rare or cool unreleased stuff on it....that's when it's somewhat worth it to me ...but that goes for only my truly favored bands ....like Wham / Boy George and Air Supply.....
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Exactly. I haven't heard the remastered, but I don't think I want to waste my money on a cd I already have. Can it really be that much better?

[/ QUOTE ]

YES! It really can! I usually have the same opinion on remasters, but these have set a new standard. Its hard for me to go back to the original disc after getting this remaster. RIP has always sounded good yes, but You will appreciate the modern production on the new one. Everything wasn't just made 'louder', all the music is actually clearer and more distinguishable.

Comment

How's the Peace Sells remaster? I figure that one would benefit quite a bit with remastering.
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

these remasters are awesome!! I've been jamming along with the cd's for days now... great to be back into megadeth [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

man, listening to rust in peace over and over just reminded me of how much I miss Marty Friedmans work back in the day, guy was incredible [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like I will be spending some cash soon.

Has anyone heard news about the new album yet?
                          KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
                          I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

man, listening to rust in peace over and over just reminded me of how much I miss Marty Friedmans work back in the day, guy was incredible [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, what's gotten into that guy lately. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

I picked up RIP and Peace Sells and I love the way they sound. The only thing I like better about the originals are the vocals. Other than that they kick ass.

Comment

Working...
                              X