Opinions on Rust In Peace re-issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Opinions on Rust In Peace re-issue

I like the mix of the guitars alot better, more in your face and clear. Great album, now its better. It actually made me dig out the old RIP tab book and try to play some of that stuff again....and I still can't.

Todd
    Damn this is an expensive hobby.....

Comment

I have the RIP and Peace Sells remasters. Peace Sells sounds larger, fuller, and more even. Some of the guitar tones are still crap but at least the levels are evened out. It just sounds bigger.

I never thought RIP was poorly produced but on the remaster there's better separation and you can hear the background vocals a little more clearly, which isn't always a good thing [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I guess Mustaine is happy now because all of his producers stabbed him in the back and he gets to fix things [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, it's nice to be able to sell your whole catalog all over again.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

But Max Norman forced him to make songs at 120 BPM. And Dan Huff rerecorded guitar parts. And I was on drugs. And it's not my fault. And the only truth about Megadeth comes from me!

Comment

Can`t wait to hear/have it, I love Rust in peace.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Peace Sells sounds larger, fuller, and more even.

[/ QUOTE ]

I recently got the peace sells reissue. They got rid of most of the tinninest with the guitars that bothered me on the Good Mourning intro as well as the rest of the disc. I don't like what they did to the bass intro of Peace sells. It sounds way to boomy now. It lost that midrange punch that may not have been so full as it is now, but I do prefer it.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
              X