Fear Factory live in Boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fear Factory live in Boston

Just came from seeing Fear Factory. They put on a hell of a good show!! They sounded super tight! Burton Bell’s singing was awesome too!

Christian Wolbers opened using that black custom 7 string Jackson V string thru with the reverse headstock. Most of the time he used a Red 1 hum soloist 7-string, again with a reverse headstock and string thru. He also used an almost identical soloist that was gray that I think had a trem on it. Towards the end he played what looked to be a soloist with a reverse headstock, but I don’t think it was a Jackon. I couldn’t make out the logo, but it didn’t look like Jackson...the headstock had a bevel in it kinda like what an ESP would have.

Again, they were spot on with their playing..even though Dino's not with them anymore. They played a bunch o tunes from Obsolete and Demanufacture (my fave) as well as their new one. Anyway, check em out if you get a chance. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Re: Fear Factory live in Boston

sounds cool, always liked FF but I don't really like the latest album.. I missed FF on their latest couple of gigs in the area.. too bad
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

I thought you meant FF actually live (reside) in Boston, my bad!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I thought you meant FF actually live (reside) in Boston, my bad!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img], Not that I know of!

As an aside, I also saw one of the opening bands, Mastodon. They were pretty good. I've seen maybe 1 video of them before. I just read an article about them in the most recent GW. They definitely had a Tool-vibe instrumentation on some songs which was cool. I missed Sworn Enemy who was jsut before Mastodon.
        "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Just saw FF last night....drove up to Milwaukee to catch the show since we can't make it to the HOB in Chicago. Killer show...Christian opened with the CS KV for the first tune then switched between the red archtop 7 1 hum, string-thru and the Silver archtop with the Floyd...all were rev. heads. I'm disappointed he only had the KV for the first song though. Killer show though.

- Joel
          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
          RIP Dime

Comment

I think that they are playing at the Metro (Chicago) this Sunday at 6pm. If I find the time, I would really like to go.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
            X