New DIO Album MP3s "MASTER OF THE MOON"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New DIO Album MP3s "MASTER OF THE MOON"

10 short MP3s have been poated at this Location according to Blabbermouth.net.
    What do you think?
    It sounds pretty good.
    [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Re: New DIO Album MP3s \"MASTER OF THE MOON\"

I really liked the samples but then I'm pretty Dio crazy. My only wish is that Doug was still in the line up, Craig is good but Doug is amazing.
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Sounds better than a couple of his past couple albums.

Comment

I think the music direction is in the same as the last one.
        Ronnie stil sounds great. How old is he now?
        like late 50th?
        I would love to see one off Album with the original members of the first 3albums.
        Vivian ruled on these album. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I wish there'd been a few more uptempo tunes, but I liked what I heard of "Living the Lie" and "Death by Love". Craig's a pretty decent player but I really thought Doug Aldrich brought a lot of fire to Dio. The live DVD with Doug is really cool, though I don't care for the stop-motion photography.

I suppose I'll have to get this new Dio disc, too... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Sounds good...I always liked Goldy's playing---nice guy, too. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

DIO's like 64 now. Pretty amazing he doesn't fall into pieces. It's so sad watching your heroes get older and older. AhhhhH! I need to pay those 20 bucks to get the album!

Comment

I realy think Doug ( I have his solos stuff and both burning Rains) is a great player but Goldy fits Dio much much better...

I thought he outshined YJM when I saw him ....just w/ Tone / Taste and feel.... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

We ruminated about Dio's age on the old board...going by his 1958(!) band pic, I said he had to be at least 61 or 62.
                  Is he really 64? [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Well, I just saw Dick Dale ripping it up on stage last month, and that dude is 67! Senior Citizens Rawk! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

He was in a do wop band ....but he's a Dago ...

so I think that should be "Do WOP"....with out papers...his father and granparents probably shined shoes and sold grapes...

He's my Goomba.....forgetaboutit!!!!
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      DIO's like 64 now. Pretty amazing he doesn't fall into pieces. It's so sad watching your heroes get older and older.

[/ QUOTE ]

Normally I'd agree, but Ronnie is still kicking arses and taking names. He looks fit and stills sings the house down. A lot of my heroes have looked seriously fukked up by their 40s, and Dio's still going strong in his 60s!
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

I saw Dio on this last tour with Aldrich on guitar. I do dig his playing, but he pretty much ruined the show with his attitude. He was making it very obvious that he didn't want to be there(for whatever reason), leaning against the wall playing, dramatically yawning, constantly looking at his watch, etc. A bad performace for sure.

Comment

Ronnie has taken care of himself over the years--he never got big into drugs or drink--though he did smoke, I think.

As far as why his voice still sounds so good, remember that he has a naturally high voice, so he doesn't really have to reach very far for the high notes, unlike a lot of guys (Ian Gillan, for example) who had to basically scream to get up into that range and can't do it anymore.

Another oldie who still sounds great is Jon Anderson of Yes. He's actually lost range in his *lower* voice, but can still hit the same impossibly high notes he did in 1973. He's another guy with a naturally very high voice, who also took care of it like Ronnie did.

Comment

Rob Halford kicks ass at his age too.

Comment

Actually, I saw Ian Gillan recently and he was still hitting the notes too! Couldn't believe it!

Comment

Working...
                              X