Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New DIO Album MP3s \"MASTER OF THE MOON\"

doo wop
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That picture is just great! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Actually, Ritchie says, it wasn't directed to any of the members, but to a cameraman who refused to mova away from the stage. Ritche said it was pissing him off that people payed money just to see someone's ass. I can give you a link with the interview if you want.
        The saddest thing is, that on the DVD all the band members started pouring heaps of **** onto Ritchie for being a dickhead. And now they play with Morse and they're a shadow of what they had been with Ritchie. No offense to Morse. He's awesome, but the chemistry is lost. I's fire Gillan and Roger; replace them with DIO and Bob Daisley and kick the **** out of every other band! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, in part. The 1996 "Purpendicular" album and tour w/Morse were fantastic--easily the best new Deep Purple music since "Burn". I've been less impressed with their work since then, however.

By the way, if you want to hear some smokin' recent Deep Purple, get ahold of a bootleg from the 1993-94 Japanese and European tours they did with Satriani on guitar, right after Blackmore left. The recording I have of the 1994 show at the Expo Genova in Italy rivals *anything* the band did in the '70s. Satriani fit into DP perfectly. Blackmore's work on the 1993 Battle Rages On album and tour before that was utter crap, to put it bluntly--even on the supposedly 'good' bootlegs he sounds disinterested and clumsy. To me, Satriani's work on basically the same setlist a year later totally blows away Ritchie's work.

They offered Satriani the gig permanently, but he turned them down because he didn't want to compromise his solo career.

Comment

[quote

[/ QUOTE ]

Between that picture and the one of Iommi in the "Rockin' Chevrolets", I can see a potential doo-wop revival project in the making... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Yeah Russell can sound like RJD or a guy who just won a Tony award [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I've seen him live once and he just brought down the house.

Oh yeah, Dio still sounds great!

[/ QUOTE ]

Russell is my favorite singer of the current 'underground' scene. Interestingly, he used to be a performer at a "Medieval Times" in NJ before he got the SymX gig.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              He was in a do wop band

[/ QUOTE ]

Trips me out everytime I see it [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wonder how many of these guys are still alive?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                The 1996 "Purpendicular" album and tour w/Morse were fantastic--easily the best new Deep Purple music since "Burn". I've been less impressed with their work since then, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like their new album "Bananas" a lot. It's not classic DP but it is IMHO the best studio album since "Perfect Strangers" (which I also liked a lot).
                Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Deep Purple died when Richie left ....without him ...it's not Deep Purple ..IMO
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[QUOTE]: Blackmore's work on the 1993 Battle Rages On album and tour before that was utter crap :[QUOTE]

I'm disappointed to hear that. I think Blackmore did a better job than Morse did with Bananas. Think Anya, for instance. Or maybe I'm biased? The guy who sucked was Gillan. What about the Perfect Strangers and the House of Blue Light? These albums are amazing. Way better than Bananas and of course Abandon. I agree: Purpendicular was awesome. But not better than Perfect Strangers or The HOBL.
                    Coming back to the guitarsits. I haven't heard Satriani with DP, if you know a web link - let me know. Does Morse do a good job in a band? Well, I think that it's Gillan who destroyed the image of the 70's and 80's DP. Had there been another singer, the guitarists would sound more Deep Purplish. What about this Gillan Rap on the Abandon? It completely pisses me off!

Comment

If you put Satch or Morse in Van Halen ....is it Van Halen ....No it is not.

Blackmoore was and always will be Deep purple.

and Rainbow!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Wow, looks like he is 64.

http://dioforamerica.com/about

I guess I never really thought about it. I presumed he was around Ozzy's age or so. Oh well, it's just a number, Dio rocks! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          OH Yeah Sir Russell is awesome ....but the one that sounds closests to dio in IMO...Is Mike Turelli of Messahias Kiss and Holy Mother ...they do a cover of Holy Diver and he's dead on....it' scary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo Bill, can you post some links and whatever info you have on this guy please? You know how crazy I am over anything Dio or Dio-related!

Oh, and Deep Purple rules with Steve Morse. He's quite the unique player and he's got his shred cred without a doubt.
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah, man! Blackmore rules. Personally, nobody has such an effect on me. No other guitarist, no matter how fast he plays. I think Deep Purple should have changed their name when Morse came. Even in 1973 it was still Deep Purple (Gillan and Glover left) because there was Ritchie. Then came Bolin. And was that Deep Purple? Hell no. Samt thing with Morse. BTW. They thried inviting Mochael Shenker in, but he refused 'playing somebody's solos'.

Comment

Chicken Scratch ...I wish I had the means and the know how to post more stuff....I still have dial up ...I cause all this Mayhem on Dial-up...

Holy Mother just put out an album ...their fourth and weakest one to date..
                              Messiah's Kiss ...just came out with their second one "Metal" not long ago ...It's not as good as "prayer for the dying"....may be Ron could be of some help here...he da man for that.

Chase ...Yes Blackmoore does kick ass ...dude check out a band called Heaven and Earth ...it's total Blackmoore worship ...Deep Purple needs this guy Stuart Smith ..definitely has Richie's vibe and tone..

Uli is my fave though , He's coming with Schenker in Sept... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

just wish dio would keep the same player for more thatn 2 albums

Comment

Working...
                                X