Jeff Hanneman breaks out the soloist again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Hanneman breaks out the soloist again

I can't find it now but I recently saw a pic of Slayer after they had just finished recording the new Reign In Blood DVD and guess what Jeff had in his hands...yep, the black soloist with all the stickers all over it. If I can find it again I'll post it.

Re: Jeff Hanneman breaks out the soloist again

I bet he uses the Jackson for recording while he uses his ESP on tours.

Comment

I read somewhere that for the DVD, the ending would include raining blood. Much like the end of the video for Bloodline. They stated that, of course, all of thier equipement would be ruined. Hope that isn't the case for that particular guitar. I would think it would have some sentimental value to him. If not that, if he threw it on the Bay, it should bring some jack!

Comment

Bah, a little bit of blood won't ruin a guitar. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I read somewhere that for the DVD, the ending would include raining blood. Much like the end of the video for Bloodline. They stated that, of course, all of thier equipement would be ruined. Hope that isn't the case for that particular guitar. I would think it would have some sentimental value to him. If not that, if he threw it on the Bay, it should bring some jack!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff and the guitar were both covered in blood in the pic.

Comment

He one time said that guitar was pretty much ruined anyway because he sweats a lot on stage and has to keep replacing the electronics, that's one of the reasons he doesn't want to use it much any more.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw the Augusta show. I am unsure if that was the only night they taped for the DVD. The "Rain" mainly fell in 6 or 8 spots on the stage and was sort of spread around with a screen. Kerry and Jeff stood out of the soaking part of the 'rain' until the last several seconds of the song. The guitars likely were not exposed to enough moisture to be ruined. Tom's bass however could very well be toast.

Comment

I can't wait for this friggin DVD to come out! That album and that soloist brings me back to high school. Man, I never thought I would say that. I must be getting old.

Jim
                "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Jackson should make a sig soloist for Hanneman :o it'd surely bring some cash in

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Jackson should make a sig soloist for Hanneman :o it'd surely bring some cash in

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve been hoping on this for about 10 years, but It doesn´t look like it´s gonna happen anytime soon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

He has a new ESP sig coming soon. The previous winter-camo model has been discontinued.
                      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

and his normal black ESP sigs were also discontinued b/c of the nazi-ish key inlays. but they released a winter camo M-1, however. and a new ESP/LTD sig will be out soon, granted, with different inlay.

holy crap, it actually rains (fake?) blood at some of their shows?

Comment

It only rained fake blood at this particular show as they were filming their new DVD. Can't WAIT for this to come out!

Comment

I'm surprised they're doing another live DVD - 'War at the Warfield' wasn't that long ago.....
                            ESP seem to be taking a long time to release a new model so maybe more changes are afoot?....Putting a Floyd on them just seems stupid though!
                            Cheers
                            Ian
                            Popular is not the same as good
                            Rare is not the same as valuable
                            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I´ve been hoping on this for about 10 years, but It doesn´t look like it´s gonna happen anytime soon [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              That would be cool... as long as they put a Floyd on it instead of a Kahler! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X