Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nightwish - empuu\'s gear?

NIGHTIME BIRDS...!

it's amazing...and my introduction to the band.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Epica is the best female fronted band imo.. After forever is great too.. gathering is not my cup of tea anymore

my fav gathering album is Mandylion
      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

The Gathering has morphed into a more of an alternative thing....after Night Time birds ..

Nightime birds and Mandylion are my two faves..

Epica Rules ....but I think you and I discussed that before ....you know the band correct??

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well Nightwish is tonight ....

my kid just got sick ....I hope this dont screw things up ...I want to see them! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Well now iv heard couple song from gathering, and i liked singers voice, but not the music it self didnt "shake" me so much [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

horns666, sorry to hear that your kid got sick, just before the gig. But enjoy still 100% the gig! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

ahhhh ..crap!

I'm not goin' to Nightwish stayin' home with the boy....oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

noble of you, horns!

Comment

Well maybe some other time? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

bah, just sit him here in the JCF and go to your concert, Bill. We'll take good care of young Vin!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

haha yeah [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

well ...maybe they'll come back ..probably not ..

He starts school tomorrow and don't want him to miss his first day ...

I was going to take him with me to the show ..and he still wanted to go but he was a lil' too sick ..IMO

he's got asthma...it flares up sometimes..his meds keeps him in check ...

Comment

I don't like epica. I know the singer, and to be honest, her attemts to be technical provicient KILLS the emotions. her voice kills the potency the band otherwise has. so simone (who calls his doughter simone with a surname "simons", so her name is simone simons????) is not my type of singer

I prefer floor janssen instead of her, the singer in mark janssens first band (now he is the "mastermind" behind epica), who puts aside technique to get some texture in the vocals

Harrald

Comment

Hey Harrald ...

It's cool you know the band and probably know the whole inside scoop and deatils of their history ..

but I was pretty impressed with their .."the pahthom agony" disc ...I thought she did a pretty good job...she appears to have a "trained" voice ..I would assume..

I'm not a huge fan of female vocals in metal "overall"...but thought that music and her voice was fitting ...they seemed to have a good chemistry...

well they got my attention ...that's not so easy to do ...since I'm a critical SOB..

I heard much much worse...that I wasted my cash on ..

Bill Z Bub [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

lol, well I got what you ment by it [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. it is just my way of saying; sorry for the guys, but it is not IT for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Harrald

Comment

Hijack, anyone? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X