X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightwish - empuu's gear?

hi all

i wonder what amps empuu uses/used?
    for the first two or albums or so i think it was some kind of marshall, wishmaster sound very laney-ish to me (i remember reading @ the official site that he uses laney amps with marshall cabs), while the last two albums (especially once) sound very mesa-ish. once sounds a bit like a rectifier or something
    does anyone of you know more exact things about his gear? because most of the time his tone isn't the worst i've ever heard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] actually, i kind of dig it. once sounds very cool imo, but only as long as he's playing chords...i think the sound is not very tight..it sounds a bit muddy to me.

when it comes to guitars, i know he used washburn for a long time, and now switched to esp i believe. but really, when it comes to his amps i can only guess.

greets
    fragle

Re: Nightwish - empuu\'s gear?

on the first albums, until the last one, he used laney amps with some preamp I thought. now he uses a rectifier, dunno which type. guitarwise you are correct, he used washburns until the last album, now he uses some ESP archtop soloist clone.

Harrald

Comment

On the firts albums Emppu used Laney GH100L and boosted solos with some OD. And on Angels falls first and Oceanborn he used Washburns nuno bettencourt model, on wishmaster he switched to Chigago series. On Wishmaster album he used Tech 21 PSA-1 Pre-amp to Marshall tube power-amp(live)/Laneys power-amp section(studio). And some effects unit. Then on Century Child Laney VH100r and Mesa/Boogie T/Dual rectifier. As guitars on studio Washburn CS and one Gibson Les Paul. Now only Mesa T/Dual rectifiers and ESP customs(tuned down to D).

Comment

Going to see them Monday!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Going to see them Monday!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like also! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

esp archie soloists...i guess neck-thru horizons then. haha.

Comment

Well come to Lakewood Ohio ...I'm taking my nine year old son Vinny ...he loves Tarja.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

me too [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] she's the best looking women in the whole metal genre....well, not only in the metal genre ^^

thanks for all the info. i wonder how he got so many sounds out of that laney head. i mean, listen to angels fall first and then to wishmaster. sounds quite different, does it? i own the same amp (the 50w one) and don't come even close (maybe with new tubes....the old ones are crap....cheap ass sovtek 6l6wxt or something). does anyone know what cab he was using with it? afaik it was some kind of marshall cab, but there are lots of marshall cabs. i'm not sure, but angels fall first sounds a bit greenback-ish to me.

anyways, i wish i could see them live in october, but they dont play any shows near my city.....

greets
                fragle

Comment

you ccan get a decent tone with just about any damn thing in a good studio with a engineer that knows what he's doing ...

I heard PODs/Marshalls/Rectos and etc.. sound like ass and some incredible ...but all in the studio..

and it depends on the player as well because the "magick" is in the hands..

Comment

hey, i love Tarja too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

.... i wish :P

Comment

Yeap Emppu has used some Marshall 4x12 quite long time now [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Cant tell with wich celestions tough.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

What about Christina Scabbia of Lucuna Coil ...my son says "she's hot"...nice to know he's a true Hetero [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

and Cristina is a fellow Dago ...nice .

My favorite female singer is Anneke from the Gathering tho "nightime birds" is a masterpiece!!!...her voice could almost make this bad ass cry... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

For fans of Nightwish ..please try

After Forever , Rain fell within and Epica ...Epica is very good!

Comment

yeah, the gathering rules. i totally agree, she has about the best voice i ever heared.
                          don't like lacuna coil, though. somehow i cant stand them

Comment

Lucuna would be a lot better if that fag didn't sing...Christina has a pretty nice voice ...but he doesn't!

I got the Gathering Sleepy Buildings on right now ...it a semo acoustic live set ....Anekke has a very amazing voice..

Comment

I dont like Lacuna Coil also..

I havent got chance to get know this Gathering, what would be good album to start listening them?

Comment

Working...
                              X