WASP in Cleveland - Blackie plays a Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WASP in Cleveland - Blackie plays a Jackson

Saw WASP on Saturday night here in Cleveland. It was a good show but... they switched venues at the last minute, it was scheduled for a 7pm show but the doors didn't open up until after 8pm and the opening bands didn't go on until 10pm with WASP taking the stage at 12:30am, and then they played for only an hour and 15 minutes. At least they played the show. I was talking to a few people at the show who said that Blackie had come down with intestinal flu and has been cancelling shows for the past couple weeks, including Pittsburgh a few nights ago.

Anyways, Blackie played a custom shop Jackson. I don't ever remember seeing him with anything but a BC Rich. It was a left handed body with a bolt on neck, black painted neck with an ebony board and sharkfins, single hum with a stop tail piece and an Oakland Raiders graphic covering the body. Nice looking guitar (if you like black guitars and the Raiders). Anyone else see this?

So has anyone heard if he's endorsing Jackson? Or was this just a fluke?

Re: WASP in Cleveland - Blackie plays a Jackson

He had another guitar in different graphic maybe he refinished it with the Raiders logo because the one I saw back in 89? had the same spec(reversed Strat Body,Pointy head with Ebony,sharkfins and Stop tail).

Comment

From 92.

Comment

I don't know anythig about his endorements. I saw him Texas a couple of weeks ago, that guitar was sweet. I felt sorry for his tech. Blackie was sweating like crazy. Just a constant run of sweat pouring from his elbows.
        Just one more guitar!

Comment

I was not there....
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Jackson made 3 guitars for Blackie in 1989 for the Headless Children recordings and tour. One was the blue jean, then there was the riders graphic that he has used on the current tour and the rebel flag was the third. All three were for sale a year back at www.waspnation.com. Blackie also offered a couple of basses and warlocks for sale then. I don't know which once were sold and which ones not, but obviously he still has the riders graph custom.
            Jackson also made Chris Holmes his Headless graphic pointy star in 1989. Check it out at http://ca.regionline.fi/unitar/thunderhead
            My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

Comment

Sooo, how bad did they suck?

Comment

I heard they were absolutely horrible ....from what I heard from several credible sources that were there (front and center) is that they blew huge amounts of bloated ass..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I saw 'em in Dublin on this tour and thought it was pretty good... obviously not the same without Chris, but good all the same.

I was very, very drunk though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Cheers,
                  Steve.
                  www.fireland.tv

Comment

I saw them in Glasgow... **** Amazing [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Just saw them last night at the HOB here in Chicago. He played that Raiders graphic dinky the whole show...he was sweating like a pig. The show was alright...not in my top50, but it was decent. He loooked like he was faking the 6 string for the show...the best guy in he band was the drummer...the 2 guitarists were just ok. It seemed way too staged. The bassist played an LTD and the guitarist had an Epiphone. Blackie played 1 solo (well tried to play)...and it was barely even audible. You could tell when he was "really" playing...he'd be standing hunched over looking down at the fretboard like a beginner.
                      RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                      RIP Dime

Comment

That's pretty much how I heard it Joel ...I heard at one moment Blackie appeared to play "air" guitar....or somethin'.. [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

I got that from a major WASP fan ...the goober dresses like 'em and everything.. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I sure somebody probably saw him in Cleveland..ya can't miss him..same Blackie hairdo [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X