Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machine head - burn my eyes tone ?

Hi
    Anyone heard what they've used on that ? That guitar tone is absolutely killing me :o I heard two versions :
    1)5150 + marshall cabs (jcm 800's ) and gibsons + emg's
    2) dual recto + sth else ?

Anyone knows the this ? What speakers were in the jcm 1960's if it's the truth that they've used that ?

Re: Machine head - burn my eyes tone ?

Don't know about the cabs, but in an interview Rob Flynn said he used the older 5150 heads with the block EVH logo. He also used Gibson V's live but I don't know wht pickups he used back then. That album and tone kicks serious ass!...it's worth its weight in gold!
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

I've got an interview with them from the album after that one (The More Things Change...) and they say that they both use half-stacks and that ESP gave them free guitars.

Comment

The 1st setup was "Burn Your Eyes" tone. The rectos came later; then they switched back to there original setup. I read in a GW mag awhile back that while they were in the studio, they had there hands on a bunch of Boss Mt-2's [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]. Dunno if they used any on the record (Super Charger) but whatever. Now Flynn uses hes old 5150 head, a bradshaw system and an ass-load of crazy pedals. The new album has a great beefy tone to it too. You can check out Phils setup on the "Through The Ashes Of Empires" record here...

http://www.machinehead1.com/media/Week_4_High.asx

Comment

Cool vid..Thanks!
          "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Working...
          X