Jeff Loomis has a website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Loomis has a website

So I was at the John Petrucci forum and someone mentioned this... don't know if it has been mentioned before.

http://jeffloomis.msanthrope.com

Check out a guitar solo that is supposed to be from when Jeff was 16:
    http://jeffloomis.msanthrope.com/sounds/jeff-16.mp3
    [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Jeff Loomis has a website

yeah, he's awesome.

Comment

cool

Comment

Yep... My friend takes lessons from him every once in a while. He's a really cool dude and his guitar playing is amazing.

Comment

I see he uses the triple X now. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Damn, did'nt know he was from Wisconsin.

Comment

Jeff is a great dude and one hellava player!!!

Jeff was going to be the guitarist for Megadeth but Dave couldn't have a 16 year old that looked like 12 serve his ass to him on a platter ...soooo he didn't get the gig ...Marty did.

Jeff was also a runner up for Vicious Rumors as well ..

That solo mentioned above is from the "fear tech" demo ...even at 16 this he was amazing like a true seasoned player...I don't think he ever sucked..

He was also in a band called Experiment fear as well..

I must go to his sight a yell at him... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Just when I think I kick ass on the guitar ...I put on Nevermore and feel like a tool! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Cool thanks for the link!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm getting some admin login page. WTF?

Comment

Hmmmmm... I got on there and was browsing around OK.

Loomis sounds like Loomis no matter what gear he's using this week..

He was using a Triaxis and then he went with a POD pro then to a Mesa head to a Peavy now ...

I told him to get an Uber ...he would if they gave him one .. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I hadn't heard anything he had done until a few months ago. Gotta say I was blown away. He's a friggin' monster

Comment

Yes he is ...I think he's the **** !!!

BTW he has a guest solo spot on the new God Forbid CD ...LOG dude ..that would be up your alley!

Too bad it's just a fade out solo at the end of a song...you can definitely tell it's Jeff though ...

personaly I think he has a style all his own..more original than your typical "paint by numbers" Yngwiephile..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Cool thanks for the link!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad to be of service... and you're right, Jeff is so much more tasteful than the average paint by numbers shredder.

Comment

Working...
                          X