X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mick Thompson now with Ibanez

[ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/idea2.gif[/img]
    Because most 14-year-olds won't get money out of their parents' pockets for a guitar that has HATE in huge, bold letters on it, I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good guess!
    What about inlays of "LOVE".
    That would be nice too.
    [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Our very own Brett8388 gets guitar lessons from Rusty Cooley. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] And Rusty gets lessons from Brett on how to pick up/ juggle woman.

Comment

Well if it is neck thru, then it probably is similar to a soloist with bound neck,headstock, & body. I'm not really impressed. I'm sure if it is setup properly it will shred & scream, but the design isn't inspiring.
        KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
        I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I used to be a slipknot fan but now i am more into DM and other bands that showcase more playing. But at the same time I have always liked Mick (not so much his playing in slipknot) but i was watching his video of him playing on the new Line 6 spider amp and its was nuts. After hearing it i am wondering why in the hell he is playing in slipknot and not some tech death metal band (probably for the money).

Comment

he probably likes the music he makes, i'm guessing that slipknot didn;t just come up with all that money, they had to start from ground zero. hell, John 5's a shred monster too, and Manson never gave him spotlight, but 5 loved the music he made with manson for 6 years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I used to be a slipknot fan but now i am more into DM and other bands that showcase more playing. But at the same time I have always liked Mick (not so much his playing in slipknot) but i was watching his video of him playing on the new Line 6 spider amp and its was nuts. After hearing it i am wondering why in the hell he is playing in slipknot and not some tech death metal band (probably for the money).

[/ QUOTE ]

Got a link to that video of Mick?

Comment

Cooley is an alien, unbelievable skill.

Metallica are my fav. band and James is the tighest rhythm player I've ever heard, and deserves worshipping imnsho. :P

Anyways,

Mick Thompson, although not my favorite player, playing in a crap band (solely my opinion), is definitly good. His talent is limited by Slipknot, as is Jordison's. The guitar looks pretty awesome, but I'm just not an Ibanez enthusiast.
                You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

according to ibanez website mick will use the following.
                  Model(s): Custom RGT2020, Custom S1625

By looking at the picture it does not have the speed loader, if it had a spead loader there would be no tuning keys on the headstock......

Comment

Ibanez, ESP, B.C. Rich, blah blah blah. Aren't they all kinda the same nowadays? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mick is good but dammit, he needs to stop hanging around Slipknot.

Comment

I like the looks of that ibanez but the seven inlay is pretty stupid.. I'd actually prefer "love" to "seven" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Working...
                      X