Who's going to Roth/Schenker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's going to Roth/Schenker??

I'm surprised I haven't seen anything about it here. I'm pretty stoked, I didn't think I'd ever get to see Roth [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]since he hasn't played in the US since the mid 80's. I'm going to Ventura, looks like the 2nd night in the US. Can't wait
    http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Re: Who\'s going to Roth/Schenker??

I'm thinking of going. They're playing less than 5 minutes from where I live.

Comment

How can I not go see the best guitar player in the world ....hell yes I'm going!!!

Uli Rules..

Sept 13th...can't wait!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Where can I find the rest of the tourdates...I'd love to see Schenker...

Comment

Hey Box were ya been hidin' ...dude schenker is awesome ....but wait to you see Uli ...just hope he don't sing too much ...

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'd like to find out tourdates too. Anyone who is within driving distance owes it to themselves to see this tour. They are both awesome and I bet Roth keeps Schenker on his toes and playing his best! Uli will blow your mind. It's true his singing is not too good, but if you like Hendrix's or Dylan's singing you probably won't mind Uli's.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

www.ulijonroth.com/sky/current/concerts_tours_1.htm
              Starts in 2 days in L.A.
              Chris

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                but wait to you see Uli ...just hope he don't sing too much ...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] So true.

Comment

I remember a Hamburger helper commercial where the hamburger heleper guy is supposed to be Italian and he sounded EXACTLY like Roth. Thankfully I don't think he'll sing much but if he does, I think his playing will make up for it. See him if you can as it's a rare occurence for him to play over here. Been almost 20 years...

Comment

Uli is God..

Comment

yes he is ....anyone one who acknowledges that ...knows what they are talking about ...

he'd make YJM , Romeo , Petrucci and the rest look like Jerry's kids....

ALL Hail the Uli... [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

They are out here (SoCal) through the end of the month. Got tix for the Hollywierd/HOB show (tomorrow) and the SD show (31st). Should be killa! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm going to the show on the 18th. My bud Rob Balducci is opening that night and he's getting me in. I would have went anyways though, Schenker rules.
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hey I got Rob's cd...

Comment

I probably wouldn't go if it was just Schenker, but sightings of Uli Roth on this side of the Atlantic are very rare--you goddamn bet I'll be there!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

By the way, I just picked up Uli's newest album "Metamorphosis" a few days ago--it's an adaptation of Vivaldi's Four Seasons in which he takes the lead violin part on guitar backed by a chamber orchestra. Absolutely fukkin' amazing--blows Yngwie's Concerto Suite away! There are some parts in there where Uli is playing the most amazing 7-string arpeggios way high up on his Sky Guitar's neck...wow. He's a huge musical brain, for sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X