Who's going to Roth/Schenker??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who\'s going to Roth/Schenker??

you are correct about the Metamorphisis cd dude ...Malmsteen coudn't touch that on his best day...!!! [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'll gladly throw out a "HAIL" to Uli & Schenker. Both are Gods and two of the reasons I picked up a guitar. The other reason I play is being ripped to hell in another thread. I can smell the grits and cornbread coming from it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

They are in Chicago at the HOB in Oct or November..Ticketmaster had it listed..I will be there...Cort

Comment

curt and brad are seeing them in LA tonight.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Anyone sees the show ...fill me in

I just saw Michael not long ago with MSG ....I never seen Uli!!!!!!

Seen MSG 4 times .. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Uli came out and played the Sky Overture which sounded great he really was playing the **** out of it, but about halfway through it I noticed something weird. HE DIDN'T HAVE A BAND! Just a keyboard player,and a roadie playing rhythm guitar. Drums, bass orchestra stuff was all recorded with video.
              After that was about a 20 minute chunk of Metamorphosis, the Winter section which again was incredible. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
              After that he started having trouble with his amps and his sound kinda started going south and he seemed to not be able to hear some of the recordings that well for some of the songs that followed and seemed to get lost a couple times. He did a cool orchestrated version of Sails of Charon with a chick singing in the video on the screen. He also did I'm a River, Virgin Killers/Just another Rainbow,Hiroshima, and All along the watchtower. I may have forgotten something as I just got home from Ventura and I'm tired as hell.His playing was incredible and hopefully he'll have the bugs worked out of it as the tour goes on.
              Schenker was the best I've ever seen him, he tore it up, his band was really good too, bass player was WAY over the top. They played about half UFO and half MSG stuff. He didn't seem loaded at all, maybe Uli is a calming influence on him. Anyway it was an incredible show, just wish they woul've jammed together, I thought they would for sure.
              Chris
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Hmm...they're playing Springfield, VA on the 17th of September. The club is about 10 minutes from my mom's house. It's on a Friday night - I'm thinkin' road trip! Anyone want to drive with me?
                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Weird that they didnt jam together, I remembered a while ago someone saying they would close the shows with a jam. I've never seen Uli live before so could you tell me if he plays the Sky Guitar the whole show?
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Yeah he played the 7 string sky guitar the whole show. I thought they'd jam too they did alot in his video from the Castle Donnington show. His roadie plays what is probably one of Ulis old 70s strats
                    Chris

Comment

awesome I can not wait till Sept 13th...I will be there front and center!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Thanks for the heads up on what to expect ...The wife wants to go ...she don't care a flyin' crap about any other guitarist in the world....she only thinks Uli is the very best ....I really can't argue with that!

Comment

My wife loves his playing too but always complains about his singing. But after last night she didn't even mind that too much

Comment

Working...
                        X