X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death angel - the art of dying

hi all

i wonder what you guys think of TAOD?
    well....i bought it today and by now it seems like i kind of wasted my money. i dont think its particulary good...any opinions?

greets
    fragle

Re: death angel - the art of dying

I thought it was good when I first got it, but haven't really listened to it since, so that has to say something....shame really!
    Cheers
    Ian
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

yep I wasted my money too haven't put it on again since I picked it up....it left a lame impression on me ....unlike

EXODUS ...tempo of the damed ...now that's awesome!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

TOTALLY agree.....the new exodus KILLS.

the more i listen to TAOD the more punk-ish it sounds to me. but what annoys me most is the wimpy vocal style.....

Comment

Yeah I picked up a band called Swarm ...it's basically Death Angel memebers doin' crap .

This is not that far removed to be honest...nothing like their awesome classic stuff ...that's for sure..

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

by the way, i also bought deicide-scars of the crucifix today.....i gotta say that its my first deicide album....but imo its great. i love that scream/growl unisono vocal stuff. the leads are kind of...boring, though. more or less always the same arpeggio based stuff...but cool nevertheless

greets
            fragle

Comment

i like it except "thicker than blood" which sounds like second rate motorhead...should have picked a better single. check out the new heathen "recovered"

Comment

compared to Exodus ..this album is lame.

when NOT compared to the new Exodus ...the art of dying is not bad.. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

It's more of a 'punk' album than a thras album. Still Death Angel are one of my fav thrash bands ever. I saw them and exodus live this summer, and death angel put down the better performance and vibe, but then again Exodus went on at 3 am. They both rocked.
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Yes Death Angel are certainly a classic ...but they lost a little magic with time ...TAOD is OK but far from what used to be..

I'd say that Megadeth TSHF is more up to snuff and certainly Exodus hasn't lost anything but maybe some hair..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      yep I wasted my money too haven't put it on again since I picked it up....it left a lame impression on me ....unlike

EXODUS ...tempo of the damed ...now that's awesome!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Tempo is definitely awesome!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I haven't picked up the new Death Angel yet, but I've heard mixed reviews. Someone on here once said it picks up where Act III left off, other people said it's not even close. I think Act III is one of the best albums of all time and my tape is just about warped from listening to it so much. I think I need to get it on cd soon! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I ordered one when it came out but the package from Amazon never showed up so I got my money back from them instead...
                        [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Well TAOD is definitely not Act III ..that is bullcrap ...but it is OK.

If you haven't bought the new Exodus yet ...spend the money on that instead..it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!!!!

Comment

I actually bought the new Exodus AND DA's new CD together and both got lost...
                            I will buy these soon!
                            [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Well TAOD is definitely not Act III ..that is bullcrap ...but it is OK.

If you haven't bought the new Exodus yet ...spend the money on that instead..it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]i would have to agree.... i just picked up Exodus T.O.T.D....and Iced Earth T.G.B and i am diggin both [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                              MOSHING ON
                              DAVE
                              "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Working...
                              X