No announcement yet.

What amps are the Shenker brothers use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What amps are the Shenker brothers use?

Well, I've heard that Rudolph uses an Engl. Which type? What about Mike? They sound pretty good. Quite sweet. But, yeah: it's a one's taste matter

Re: What amps are the Shenker brothers use?

rudolph uses a "limited edition rudolph schenker signature" head, whatever that is, and a savage 120 SE. michael uses 50 watt marshalls. at this point in his career i'm not sure which model (probably whatever he can get his hands on).
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I think Michael uses the 50-watt two channel JCM 800s still-he said that a Marshall rep told him that the 800 series was designed to emulate his tone sorta. Other than that I think he has a Crybaby and a Boss Chorus pedal and Delay pedal, then a footswitch for his Marshall.

Comment

OK, we have several Randy spelling cops on board here, so for the record it is S-C-H-E-N-K-E-R, not Shenker. That said, Rudy uses that "E" amp and Mikey uses Marshall 50w heads. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Chuck
        "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Other than that I think he has a Crybaby and a Boss Chorus pedal and Delay pedal, then a footswitch for his Marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

Btw, he uses 2 cry babies. One set at his sweet spot for his sig tone, the other set to be hit for a solo 'boost'.

Chuck
          "Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves!"

Comment

When I seen him about 4-5 years ago..Michael was using Marshall in the backline as he has for most all of his career.
            I think he had older style 50w Mk2 JMP's as well as some of the 2203's. I cannot recall how many heads were powered on, but he had at least two for a ballroom.

Comment

He used JCM 800s tonight
              Chris
              http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

I'll go for Engl Thunder 50, hopefully. What do you think of the choice?

Comment

I havent played the Thunder but I have a Savage and LOVE it.
                  Chris
                  http://www.myspace.com/chriswestfallguitar

Comment

Working...
                  X