Atreyu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atreyu

Anyone into this band? I just picked up The Curse. The guitarists can shred, but I'm just not sold yet. Maybe I need to give it more time.

Re: Atreyu

I love Atreyu! I haven't picked up The Curse yet, but I've had Suicide Notes and Butterfly Kisses for a while and I really dig it. Just wish the production on the guitar tones was a bit better though! Check them out on the New England Metal/Hardcore Fest DVD too.

Comment

I'll check that out. I haven't heard SN & BK, I'll give it a listen too.

Comment

Musically it's good like a lot of new stuff in this catagory ...

I'm not a fan of the "happy break down" parts...wayyyyyyyyyyy too many bands doing that ..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I think that's what turning me off. I like something a little darker. A little more....uh ...I dunno...Evil I guess

Comment

If you can NOT clean sing in key ....then please keep it dirty !!!!

it just loses all momentum IMO ....

I love dynamics in songs and bands ....but not like this????!!!!

I think this is a very poor formula in this new metalcore stuff..it's getting very old ...very fast!

but I can handle this stuff much better than nu or that ebonical african american metal....so I shouldn't complain too much. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey BillZ, thanks for mentioning Carnal Forge. Just got it and it KILLS!!

Comment

Bill have you bought Bleeding Through's albums yet?

Comment

Yes Box ...I picked that one up with All that remains and the last KSE...I love KSE but that singer has to go as well...why why why why do the NEED to do those gay vocals???..

Bleeding through is aggressive enough for me to enjoy at times....All that remains is a little more up my alley..

Hey Jeff Loomis has a guest solo spot on the new God Forbid..it's only an outro fade solo ...I wish they stuff Jeff somewhere cooler...

There is a couple of surprise guests spots on the new LOG too...I'm not tellin' who..

Creepy ...That new Carnal Forge is kick ass huh??...I like the bullet hole ...pretty clever.

waiting for the new Shadows fall.. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Right now I'm checkin' out a band called Bloodjinn...it has some OK moments ...but it's not that good..

Comment

I still need to check out Byzantine, but I haven't really been in the mood for heavy stuff lately. Did you listen to Between the Buried and Me?

Comment

yes I heard it but have not picked it up..

Yes Byzantine is cool..so is Fragments of Unbecoming.

I think I may grab Dillinger escape plan ...from what I heard so far it was pretty cool...they been around ..but I just heard them.

Comment

From what I've heard of Dillenger Escape Plan, it didn't do much for me. Not heard much though. Yeah, the bullet hole is pretty cool on the CF cover. I'm thinking Chris Poland has another guest spot on the new LOG, not sure who else.

Comment

Alex Skolnick!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Anyone into this band? I just picked up The Curse. The guitarists can shred, but I'm just not sold yet. Maybe I need to give it more time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Atreyu but I wouldn't go so far as to say they shred. Not even close actually.

Comment

nope no shredding really...a little "meedley meedley meeees" here and there.

I pretty much stick to the shred stuff myself ..I like solos for the most part...

There is some great metal that solos could not apply ...as long as the song and the riffs are intense in itself..IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X