Atreyu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Atreyu

if you've never heard the band Raunchy...you should definately check them out. They got the melodic metal thing down.

Comment

I've seen them around in the stores ..but I never heard them ..I don't think.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I simply hate Atreyu! I'd like to take a piss in the singers throat! Oh wait... someone already has?!?!! Of course... now I hear it, during his **** bullshit ass-"growling" or what the hell it should be called.

How in the hell can bands like this make it big?

Of course is all this IMO! And not directed towards any of you who might like them, musc taste is free! I don't care what people listen to, as long as I don't have to though! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anders
        https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

There is a more radio friendly "pop" with bands such as Avenged Sevenfold , Atreyu and that one video of that band at the roller-skate place thing...whatever band that is....

[/ QUOTE ]
          That band is Every Time I Die. I totally agree with the pop comment, but for me that's a good thing every once in awhile. I was into punk for years before I got into metal, so the short, fast and fun element from ETID is great! It's better drinkin' music than metal, doing the stupid dancing it makes me want to do is way better than headbanging for keeping the liquor down. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] As for Atreyu, Avenged Sevenfold, and Bleeding Through for that matter... I think they're all good but the whole "tough guys in makeup" posturing kinda turns me off.

Comment

Well I don't go for the whole poser make up thing myself ...they devil himself never wore makeup and he's the baddest motha around..

I guess I don't like happy music ...happy music makes me sad! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Well I don't go for the whole poser make up thing myself ...they devil himself never wore makeup and he's the baddest motha around..

I guess I don't like happy music ...happy music makes me sad! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on that. I never undestood the whole eye liner/black nail polish thing at all. Seems really gay to me. They should be practicing their intruments instead of wasting time playing dress up. Either that or getting loaded! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, I really hated it when the hxc kids that overran my punk scene were doing that and wearing turtlenecks and gap jeans...
                and they still insisted that we were the untough ones...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Yeah, I really hated it when the hxc kids that overran my punk scene were doing that and wearing turtlenecks and gap jeans...
                  and they still insisted that we were the untough ones...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yes....the dreaded emo influence. Tight pants and bowling shoes. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

what about if you put a bowling shoe in your tight pants...

Comment

Hahaha! Bowling shoe in the pants is the emo version of a cucumber in your spandex! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I always liked the emo kids who knew they weren't tough, it was always easy to disturb them. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] That and we used to have a monstrous collection of "don't cry" jokes!

Comment

For example? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well passage of time and plenty of alcohol have gotten rid of them... I do remember saying "awww, it'll be alright... NOW GET THE **** OF THE STAGE!!!!" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Emo, Jesus, that's rich.

Atreyu, very much controversial. I did listen to the album a few times through, and I couldn't get into it.

I do believe that they're capable of much better, but they never pulled it off. It's like they were trying to suck. The vocal style needs a lot of work.

As for bands with makeup, it really depends on the purpose of makeup. If you're using it for looks entirely to help you through your career, I hope to see you eaten by the congregation. Some bands use it because of the style; they have talent, so adding in another fun detail to color the atmosphere I think is awesome. Cradle is one of those bands in my opinion. They don't show off there guitaring skills as much as they should, and I don't know why. By the sounds of Live Bait for the Dead, Allendar was just screaming to show off something flashy. Give the man a chance!

Comment

This is true, but I consider Cradle's make-up a blend of corpse-paint and goth guy make-up, which is a hell of a lot better than guys that are basically meatheads running after fashion like someone on the bravo network while trying to say that they're the ruling tough guys. About the same time they were pulling that crap (well they still are but I usually just go to death metal shows now) they were also forming gangs and had a penchant for mace, which just made them seem even more like pussies. The gangbanger side isn't as big now, which is great since when we actually do see them at hardcore shows (I have friends that see them a lot more than i do) we get to make sure the pit is extra brutal for them without worrying about 20 cans of mace on sauconys chasing us later...
                              For RacerX: "don't cry, I'll give your girlfriend back when I'm done!" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I love those Goth kids on South Park!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X