Rusty Cooley instructional videos???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty Cooley instructional videos???

I was thinking about picking up Shred Guitar Manifesto or Extreme Pentatonics. Can anyone recommend one over the other? Are there any others that are better that I'm missing?

Re: Rusty Cooley instructional videos???

I have them both and yes, they are worth the $$$.

Brett

Comment

Very cool to hear it's worth it, I really like Rusty's playing. Is sweep picking covered on there too or would it be better going with another Chops From Hell instructional?
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

In his "Shred Guitar Manifesto", you don't need to sweep to get the sweeping tone, he will teach you how to do it with Legato. But be warned, you need freaking long fingers to do them, and it's going to be a painful journey to be able to play anything remotely close to what he teaches in the VCD. Even the first few lessons are painful, but IMHO, they are very effective.

My two cents of crap
        Fong

Comment

IMO Rusty is the best modern shredder out there and his lessons are very good.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Have you ever heard of Magnus Karlsson (Midnight sun , last tribe) and Olaf Lenk (At Vance)..
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Do they also have lessons for sale Bill?
              I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

No ...they just friggin' smoke!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If you want sweep picking DVD lessons try George Bellas

Comment

The old Star licks frank Gambale video is sick for sweaping and legato runs..

anyone ever see that..

Comment

Rusty is the man when it comes to speed but thats about it. It gets boring after awhile. But then again I'm not a shred guy.

Comment

I have Shred Guitar Manifesto and The Art of Picking. I just started working on Shred Guitar Manifesto about a week ago and so far I can play up to the 2 whole-step hammer on/pull-off stretch. I'm trying to get all the excersizes down in order from beginning to end. Good videos, crazy excersizes.

Comment

Monster licks and Modes No More Mystery are both really good instructional vids. I've spent many hours with the monster licks one. good stuff. Frank can smoke!
                          If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Working...
                          X