Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you not miss a good metal band? JFC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do you not miss a good metal band? JFC!

Classic & neo metal. Clean Vocals. Check it ot here:
    http://www.rataweb.com.ar. Walter is our local guitar hero. don't miss instrumental "Preludio Obsesivo"

Comment

I saw Breaker and Shok Paris Umpteen times since their start and I played bass for Breaker for a short time until I quit..this is back in 1982..

DR..I have all the shock Paris albums and the Cleveland metal compilation as well (Heavy artillery) and I know Buddy McCormick their original singer before Fat ass Vic joined in 83..

I'm NOT impressed with Shock Paris ...Vic's Aftershock is a bit better because they have a pretty decent guitarist with a Soldano SLO ..he uesd to have a VHT...but their lyrics and music writing is pure 100% Cheeze..

I like Cleveland local band Ground Zero 10 times more than Shock Paris ..and I think Ground Zero (good Freinds of mine) is cheezy...Sorry dude!

I really used to like some 80's cheezball metal ..but Metal has evolved into so much more than the likes of Krokus and such ....I'm not knocking it because you like it ..that's cool....It's just dated and ancient history to me.

Nightcrawler is a pretty good band with Ex Breaker singer Jim Hamer ...did you see them

and what about John and I's friends Purgatory..or Destructor who I think is a bit cheezy but aggressive enough to hold my interest sometimes.

I'm picky with my metal ..I have 5000 cds that I like ,,no room in my house for cheezy metal ...just the good stuff.

CZ ..I have one Rata Blanca disc ...not bad....I'll check into Rataweb!!

OH BTW Dreamland ..My band Bed Of Nails is supposed to be included on Bill Peters new Heavy Artillery album whenever he decides to do it ..and he is also re-issuing the whole Shock Paris library as well with a bunch of bonus stuff on his Auburn label...I'll probably buy that for nostagic reasons.. I though you'd be interested in that ...I talk to Bill Peters all the time ..so I'll keep you posted. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

dude i love cheese! widow will probably be to cheesy to you. our lyrics are pure grade B horror movie themes! we do take the music seriously, but everything else... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Wow it's the first time ever i saw somebody saying Nile sounds "like everybody else". I mean yes it's a question of personal taste to like or dislike Nile but i have to say they are really unique amongst the death metal bands. At least from the more known bands, i don't know how many underground bands from around the world jumped on the egyptian death train after Nile being so successful.

Flo
          http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I must revise the list ...did I even miss accept ...this is unexcusable ...I must be spanked! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]Accept is not exactly clean vocals, so your omission is Accept-able! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Mastodon? They CRUSH any other clean vocal band out there right now!!

Comment

Nile is friggin amazing ...amazing musicianship that blew my ass away live ..whoever said that was indeed an "ignorant" statement ..."ignorant" meaning you haven't a clue what you're talking about...

I love all metal if it's good...good enough for me to recommend with a clear conscience..

I love Mastodon ...I have Remission ...I would consider that band to be more extreme in nature ..even though they do have clean vox..but I know most power metal fans would reject the likes of Mastodon...so They are reserved for my NEXT list!

Nope to make it on my list ...it has to meet my demand of high quality metal..

For One everybody knows who Krokus is ...or Twisted Sister and etc..I don't feel the urgency to include those kind of bands...

This is more of a underground list to promote and expose some awesome metal that I feel needs to be heard ..

as far as Widow ..I haven't heard it to label it cheezy...but I wouldn't hestitate to do so if I feel that it is ... If it's cool I'll say so ..I'm no liar!!

I hate liars... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Hey Dreamland ..I checked out a Widow song ...OK it is not cheezy ...it is a bit "tongue in cheek" in a "heavy metal" way but the music is pretty polished and strong enough to dig....this is pretty good dude....I'm going to buy the disc because I like what I heard ...I think it is by far less cheeze than Aftershock / Shock Paris ..

as a matter of fact cleve metal John's old band is in a band called Zone 11 with Ken Erb from Shock Paris they want John to join as a secondary axe player..but John is not interested in that band at all (cheeze factor)...if he'd do anything it would be with me..because me and him smoke together ...but we are both perfectionist with our own vision ...it's like two bull rams buttin' heads ...he pulls one way and I pull the other way ...it's pretty silly really....but it's much to slow of a process to make progress ...so we parted ways musically unfortunately because He's such a great player with his crap together...

but we are truly the best of buds...no doubt.

Comment

Horns! Tell me wich one of Rata you have and I'll tell you if is one of the good ones(the singer was away in a couple of cd & the band lost the way in those days).
                    The best work of Walter Giardino was TEMPLE, his solo proyect. Amazin guitars

Comment

The Dillinger Escape Plan- I've been listening to their stuff for 4 or 5 years, now. They never cease to amaze me with their excellent musicianship.

Mastodon- I've been a fan ever since I first saw their live set. They friggin RULE!!!

Cryptopsy is pretty good, too...
                      "my aim is precise, armed with my own failures"

Comment

Cleveland John sounds REEEEEEALLY picky! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yeah he likes petite girls ...not too pudgy..

I like pudgy in the right places... [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

horns666, just wondering....... is the black rose you have on your list the uk NWOBHM band?

Comment

hmmmm ..no It's on Shark label ...great guitarist and sound a bit like thin lizzy...hence their name "Black Rose"..

Comment

Working...
                              X