No announcement yet.

Most crushing live tone you've heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most crushing live tone you\'ve heard?

[ QUOTE ]
    Children Of Bodom and Shadows Fall when i saw them play in London.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadows Fall? Their tones are one of the worst I think I've ever heard live. And I've seen them twice in Virginia.

Havent seen COB though. I'll be seeing them in October with Fear Factory and Lamb of God<-----who I must also admit have a killer live tone.
    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Shadows fall do have good lead tones though.. even if their rhythm sounds suck

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Shadows fall do have good lead tones though.. even if their rhythm sounds suck

[/ QUOTE ]

You play rhythm for 99.9% of your show. There's no excuse for a crap rhythm sound.

The best I've heard:

TestAmenT, on the tour for The Gathering. Totally crushing.

Savatage, Wake tour with Caffery and Al - awesome tones from totally different rigs.

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Arsis has had really killer tone the times I have seen them. Much better with 2 guitars guitar. The single (James) didn't really cut through the mix, but it was good when you heard it.
          Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Children Of Bodom and Shadows Fall when i saw them play in London.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shadows Fall? Their tones are one of the worst I think I've ever heard live. And I've seen them twice in Virginia.

Havent seen COB though. I'll be seeing them in October with Fear Factory and Lamb of God<-----who I must also admit have a killer live tone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well at the show i saw them, their sound was great.
            93 USA Soloist EDS
            USA HT6 Juggernaut
            Charvel DK24FR

Comment

The coolest tones I've heard live is narrowed down to these four..

Steve Stevens ...Atomic / Vince Niel
              Criss Oliva ..amazing tone and got better until he died
              EVH....he invented "tone" to me..
              Bruce Franklin (Trouble) his tone smoked everyone that played BW & BK ...it was unexpected and truly AMAZING!

This is funny coming from a devoted metalhead but it's true..everyone else mentioned here so far I seen or heard and don't even come close to these four..not even Lynch..not in my opinion.

I saw COB a few times ....horrible tone...great band ..HORRIBLE tone ..Jeff Loomis's tone crushed COB and his tone isn't all that.

***Clevelandmetal John's LIVE tone smokes everyone mentioned with the exception of my above choices , he's in that company ....NOT kidding!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]***
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Arsis has had really killer tone the times I have seen them. Much better with 2 guitars guitar. The single (James) didn't really cut through the mix, but it was good when you heard it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still need to see these guys...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  This is funny coming from a devoted metalhead but it's true..everyone else mentioned here so far I seen or heard and don't even come close to these four..not even Lynch..not in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took "crushing" to mean "punishingly heavy".

Best tone? To-die-for, wonder-how-they-get-it tone? Eric Johnson, and (I kid you not) Frank Hannon of Tesla. That dude's tone is ALL in his hands.

Well, those two, except for Blackmore on the last Rainbow tour, but you expect his tone to rule.

Mike

Comment

Weird that a lot of you are mentioning Megadeth. I've seen them live so many times, and their tone ALWAYS sucked, no matter the venue. Strange. As far as killer tone, I remember Kreator in 1989 and Death around 1991. Also, Testament when they opened for Halford last year at Anaheim.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Testament does sound pretty killer live ..but the best tone of that Halford bill was by far Primal Fear when they came thru Cleveland...could have been due to the sound man of course..

saw COB three times at two different venues..very bad "live" tone all three times...I love their all albums though..yes I'm a big fan of theirs.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill hit the nail on the head with Steve, Evh the 1st time you see him is god like, I loved Mick Mars tone at the paramount on the greatest hits tour, Richie Sambora has a tone to die for live too. slash and Gilby fuckkin rocked too.
                        I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Priest back in '90 on the Painkiller Tour. Saw them with Megadeth and Testament. Probably the best show I've ever been too.

Comment

crap how can I forget Zakk DUHHH... he sounds great all the time.

OK ..it's five ..no six now ..EVH , STEVENS , ZAKK , OLIVA , BRUCE FRANKLIN' , and CM JOHN..all awesome tones..

Comment

This summers festival FInnish band called Kilpi. When first chords were played i was like stunned [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] www.kilpi.com [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine would have to be Ted Nugent in '99. Damn, I didn't expect his tone to be heavier than Megadeth, but it was totally crushing! And LOUD as HELL!

Comment

Working...
                                X