No announcement yet.

Most crushing live tone you've heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most crushing live tone you\'ve heard?

i thought Shok Paris had the best tone of both nights in Cleveland for BWBK six-pack.

Primal Fear had so much high end in their guitars it washed the guitars out a bit.

but overall the sound at the Odeum was Killer! the whole 2 days. much better than i expected it.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I forgot Mark Mcghee from vicious rumors. Saw them at the lonestar in KC in 92ish, I was about 5 feet in front of his amp the whole show.
      Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

DR ..I'm talking about the first BW & BK show ..

and when Primal fear openened for Halford at the gods of metal at the Agora..
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Bill, you must have caught COB at the wrong time every time you have seen them. I've seen them twice and both times they crushed.

Oh, and no one has mentioned Fear Factory on the current tour yet. Damn that is some punishing stuff!
          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Holy ****-shok paris ain't heard that name for 15 years

Comment

Well, it seems we've forgotten a few of the "Tone Kings".

My personal favorite will come as no suprise if you know me at all.

Randy Rhoads.

If your old like me and got see him live, you'd know how bad the sound on Tribute is and how amazing it was live.

Tony Iommi. Pick a year and tour, he always has amazing tone.

Lemmy ! - Yeah I know you think he's a bass player, he's really a rythm guitarist. Just ask him or anyone who has played with him. Does anyone else have sound like his ? His bass tone sounds better then most guitar players these days [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Can't believe nobody mentioned him, best live strat tone since Hendrix.

Brian May - Listen to anything live, or studio by this guy
              his sound is huge.

I'm sure i missed a few, Michael Schenkner, Warren Haynes, etc... but you get the idea. You don't have to play metal to have a killer tone.
              "Gonna Bend You Like A G String" - RIP Bon Scott

Comment

Corrosion of Conformity - By far the best live guitar sound I've ever heard.

Savatage - Opened for Testament back in the late 80s. Testament needn't have bothered playing after Savatage totally upstaged them.
                Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Well lets see, Cryptopsy had a killer tone live when I saw them in Toronto a month or so back, Other than that Opeth had an amazing tone when I saw them as well.

Comment

doug aldritch with Dio!
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Tommy Veterlie (TT Baron) Coroner...
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Living Sacrifice- best live guitar Ive ever heard. Not only does it sound awesome, but it's so loud that ear-plugs are imperative!
                        "my aim is precise, armed with my own failures"

Comment

Oz Fox, Stryper Live 7 weeks, Austin tx.
                          Judas Priest tone from '98 Meltdown live CD with Ripper.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Doug Aldritch with Dio!

[/ QUOTE ]

Werd
                            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Scorpions.Three times.81,83 and 91.All three times , I could'nt get over the tone.Saw SRV twice and it was awesome too.... Made your hair stand on end....Back when I had hair Ha!Rev.Timmy
                              Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Bruce Bouilett (SP)? Racer x live at the Country Club. Paul Gilberts tone to me is too harsh , but Bruces tone was just awesome!
                                Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
                                X