No announcement yet.

Most crushing live tone you've heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Most crushing live tone you\'ve heard?

I have a friend who was looking for a new amp. He played the SLO, UBER, ect... He ended up buying the AVENGER. He said it sounded great. He said he liked the tone of the the SLO, but did not have enough low end. I am waiting to hear it. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

How much do those Bogners run for anyway? just the head?

Comment

$1700-$2300 used

Comment

for me the most crushing live tone I heared was the vocalist/guitarist of porcupine tree. he used some Bad Cat amp with an PRS, honestly the best guitartone I heared.

harrald

Comment

I know a member who is selling his Uber for $1900.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              Michael Romeo's tone is hands down the heaviest IMO. When I saw Symphony X in March, his tone just kicked everybody's ass, especially during "Wicked".

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry off topic but Tetsuo...I must see the full size video of your avatar! that looks awesome..

When I saw Symph X last November that may have been some of the worst tone and sound I had ever sat through. Mybe the best playing I had ever seen but the sound was terrible. Devon Townsend had better tone that night

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

I think the loudest band I've seen was Slayer? 8 Marshal full-stacks=bleeding ears. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Comment

Megadeth at the state theater in Detroit for the Youth tour killed tone wise. Ace Frehleys tone for the reunion tour was a close second.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I think the loudest band I've seen was Slayer? 8 Marshal full-stacks=bleeding ears. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Our old drummer hung out backstage with Slayer a couple times and said most of those stacks were props. They were used to store the pyro. Just a little tid bit for ya. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I remember watching a road crew dismantling a set for some band once, can't remember who, and they had racks of Marshall cabs mounted on aluminum trusses, like three cabs high and four cabs long with two little guys easily pushing them into a semi trailer... I was so dissapointed to see they were all fakes, hehe...

Show sounded good though!

Comment

John that was Savatage!!!!

I remember that big time! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Iced Earth...Jon Schaffer's Uberschall.... [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey does "band practice" count ...because my Uberschall screamed like a raped beast tonight!!!!!

OMFG!!!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

The tone in our garage...right now. Total ownage. OUr version of OPeth's Deliverance is lethal. even if we dont' really know the solos rightnow.

I think we'll record a cover of Travel in Stygian.

Comment

Opeth Friggin' Rules!!

Comment

Working...
                                X