Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

[ QUOTE ]
    I've only heard "Kick The Chair" so far. I think it's pretty good. Not sure I wanna run out and buy the whole cd just yet, but I'm sure it's much better than Metallica's St. Wanker. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kick the Chair is good. It's the only song on it I really like. I don't think I'm going to pick it up for one song though. Especially since I have it on my computer all ready.

Comment

Did anyone notice that Dave's solo on track 6 copies the opening of Yngwie's solo on the song Rising Force? He's got the same 2 string arp bit in there.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Okay... I got the album and it is definitely not as heavy as past albums.
        I do like the following songs:
        1)Blackmail the Universe
        2)Die Dead Enough - this song is actually good as long as you're not watching the video
        3)Kick the Chair
        4)The Scorpion
        5)Tears in a Vial
        7)Back in the Day
        12)My Kingdom (favorite song so far)
        Poland did a great job on the solos.
        Even though I do like the above songs I would still say that I am a little disappointed. With Chris Poland in the studio I was looking for more of a heavier in your face sound like "Killing Is My Business and Business is Good" and "Peace Sells But Who's Buying". That's just me though.

Comment

I bought it today, it's not bad at all, beats the hell out of any thing since cryptic,glad to see dave back to work, even if he is playing, (well,a you know what).
          METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

I picked it up yesterday, it's a good album close to being on par with Countdown to Extinction.

Comment

This album rocks!!!! Remember, it was suppossed to be a Mustaine Solo album. If this is what is to come, I'll be very happy. I never expected Rust II. What we got is an "Original" sounding real metal disk. Not like that St. Crapper by Craptallica. I love the track "Something I'm Not" just because I'll bet Lars crapped his pants when he heard it. Craptallica are probably all feeling very green right now. And anyone who thinks they haven't been curious enough to listen to it......Think again, they're too pompous not to.
              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I like this disc. Poland sounds amazing and Dave is playing great, as always. Some of the riffs are really cool, and the drummer is awesome. This may not be Megadeth's best, but I have a hard time cracking on a guy as talented as Mustaine. I'll gladly make fun of his guitar though.
                Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

I see VH1 has removed the links to the sound files. Here they are.
                  My Kingdom Come

The System Has failed
                  Die Dead Enough
                  The Scorpion
                  I know Jack
                  Back in the Day
                  Truth be Told
                  Of Mice and Men
                  Shadow of Deth
                  Tears in a Vial
                  Something that I am not

Comment

I picked it up yesterday. After three listens, I'm pretty happy with it. In my opinion, there were enough good songs between TWNAH and Cryptic Writings to assemble one decent Megadeth album. Youthanasia didn't do anything for me (all mid-paced songs...yawn), and Risk was horrid.

So, my take on TSHF is that it's better than anything any Megadeth album since CTE, although had some of the tracks on Hidden Treasures are among my favorites. The production on TSHF isn't quite as dry as TWNAH, the solos are more along the lines of the earlier albums, and the whole vibe is more aggressive than anything they've done post-CTE.

In other words, I like this a lot. It won't be winning the sought-after Inazone's Album of the Year Award, but it's the first Megadeth album I've bought in ten years that lived up to my expectations. Considering that they were once my favorite band, I just think it's a shame that the dry spell finally ended on the final album.
                    sigpic

Comment

I am NOT at all disappointed with this album! Fact is..I love it and I am glad that Dave Mustaine came up with something this good. After Risk and to a certain extent, TWNAH, I had my expectations set to low. But hearing Blackmail The Universe, Kick the Chair...I was very happy. The other songs took me a couple of listens, but I have to say that I LOVE IT all. I cannot stop singing along Die Dead Enough and The Scorpion! Grrrr...
                      Yes, it is not Rust In Peace or even Peace Sells..BUT I do not care! It is a Megadeth album and a very good one, in my humble opinion.

on a different note...are ESP guitars THAT bad? I do not own one, but I can sense my dear friends here at Jackson hate ESP so much. hehehehe

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        This album rocks!!!! Remember, it was suppossed to be a Mustaine Solo album. If this is what is to come, I'll be very happy. I never expected Rust II. What we got is an "Original" sounding real metal disk. Not like that St. Crapper by Craptallica. I love the track "Something I'm Not" just because I'll bet Lars crapped his pants when he heard it. Craptallica are probably all feeling very green right now. And anyone who thinks they haven't been curious enough to listen to it......Think again, they're too pompous not to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like it is about Dave Ellefson to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          What we got is an "Original" sounding real metal disk.

[/ QUOTE ]

Original? How so? As I stated elsewhere, it's as if Mustaine and company threw their individual bag of tricks on the production table and injected every song with a whirlwind of sound. But too much is only good when it involves sex.

The attempt to make CTE, Pt.2 missed the mark. As for originality, the last original thing Megadeth made (whether you like it or not) was RISK.
                          "POOP"

Comment

What songs does Chris Poland solo on?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              What songs does Chris Poland solo on?

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Pretty much the whole thing at some level...

D>

Comment

Original or not, this disk really got it right for Me. New bands simply cannot create music like this anymore. I can't stand this whole wave of 'new thrash' bands like As I Lay Dying, My Dying Bride, pretty much any band with the word 'Dying' in the title. Seriously, I can't think of any band that I actually like that was formed after about the mid '90s. TSHF has great riffs, melodies, and aweseome solos. Nothing this good is going to come out until the new Judas Priest CD.

Comment

Working...
                                X