Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

I bought it. I like it. My expectations were not that high so I came away surprised at how much I liked it. I never expected Peace Sells 2, but for 2004 Megadeth it's a pretty good album and I'll listen to this before most other stuff out there today.

Comment

Seems original to me -- [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

D>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        TSHF has great riffs, melodies, and aweseome solos. Nothing this good is going to come out until the new Judas Priest CD.

[/ QUOTE ]
        Speaking of JP, I was in a record store today and got the remastered version of Painkiller for $7. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
        I also picked up the new Megadeth... I'm gonna go lay down and listen to it in a little while since I feel like crap today and have a sore throat. I'll report back later on how I like it. I actually really liked Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero, so it seems like maybe The System Has Failed should be something I'll enjoy a lot from what I've heard from you guys so far. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          originally posted by Jim Shine "Sounds like it is about Dave Ellefson to me. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Jim, Dave and Bruce Dickinson talked about this song at length on Bruce's radio show.... Dave confirmed that this song is about Lars. They were both laughing and ripping on Metallica. Bruce even said that Lars and James have got to be green after hearing this since they've had every opportunity to put out a good CD and all they've produced was ****. And that was right from Dickinson's mouth!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
          originally poster by GERMANDETH "Original? How so? As I stated elsewhere, it's as if Mustaine and company threw their individual bag of tricks on the production table and injected every song with a whirlwind of sound. But too much is only good when it involves sex.

The attempt to make CTE, Pt.2 missed the mark. As for originality, the last original thing Megadeth made (whether you like it or not) was RISK. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, maybe I should clarify something (it's Mark right???) When I said "ORIGINAL" I meant original as compared to all the other crap that people are trying to pass off as Metallica or say Slayer. This is a "True" Megadeth disk should have been what I wrote originally. That's what we get when Dave has control of the projects. And hey.....I like Risk. Would I have released it as a Megadeth disk.....not on your life, but under another bandname it would have done well. That disk was too Marty/Ellefson driven. You don't still hold a grudge with Dave Mustaine about the **** that went down on the Megadeth boards way back when he ripped into you and a few others? I thought you 2 patched things up?
          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            You don't still hold a grudge with Dave Mustaine about the **** that went down on the Megadeth boards way back when he ripped into you and a few others? I thought you 2 patched things up?

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] My comments/revue have nothing to do with Mustaine as a person. That old crap basically boiled down to me stating my opinion, him twisting off, him apologizing, me not giving a rat's ass. Sure, I sling crap at times, but it's just designed to keep the Droogs all stirred up. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            "POOP"

Comment

I think the CD kicks a$$. I agree with what some others have said, this is great compared to some of the other stuff coming out.

Jason

Comment

It's all good Mark. Everyone is entitled to their opinions about TSHF. I like it......I like it ALOT.
                Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I'm very critical about music and over the last 40 plus years, I've been exposed to some mighty fine stuff. One of my favorite musicians is Michael Schenker and I'll be the first to say, the guy has produced some real toads. I just try to look at each final product and like it because of it's substance, not who created it.

Enjoy the album. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  "POOP"

Comment

I just got done listening to it twice all the way thru. To me its somewhere between Rust in Peace and So far so good so what. It has the kind of raw feel that SFSGSW has with a little more polish. I think its not his best effort but by far the best metal release in a long time! Its definitely belongs in your collection.
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I listened to it a couple times. The first pass it seemed a little lame, but maybe that was the Nyquil I took. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Listening to it now and it's growing on me. "Something That I'm Not" reminds me of Whitesnake meets Led Zeppelin. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Eh, IMO it's not as heavy as I was hoping. Closer to pop metal than thrash. I was hoping there'd be a little more variety in tempos also.
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This is the best thing Dave's done since Youth IMO.
                          Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

I think it's an amazing album. And I agree it's Megadeth's best since Youthanasia. It's actually my favourite 2004 album so far (waiting for Judas Priest's!)

Comment

I have a mixed reaction for some reason.It used to be that id buy a mega cd and it wouldnt leave the player for weeks,this one just couldnt stay there.I think its because it really is a dave solo disc.I know what its missing...Dave E! Mustaine has gone the george lynch route.Hire some no names(although i believe the drummer is a well knon session guy) and now he's taking them on the road.

I like the polished songs more then the old school tunes.I always liked that dave wanted to do both until RIsk.When he flirted with pop it was cool, when he dove in head first it just didnt work.Still ill catch this act live like i always have.

Comment

hire some no names? dude! chris poland did the solos, and i think nick mensa played drums on this thing. the drummer who was with them for Rust in Piece, and Countdown, and some of the other Marty and Dave records.

plus, i thought davey said he "wasnt in with the whole, Pack up your bags, get on the bus for 4 months" gig?

Comment

Working...
                                X