Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

OK, you guys have convinced me to go burn this album on CD and take a listen a few more times on a real stereo instead of some PC speakers....... maybe I'll come around.

As far as best CD of 2004 from "old school" bands, nobody is going to be able to top Exodus - Tempo of the Damned. That CD sounds like it came right out of 1985.... it rules!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      hire some no names? dude! Chris Poland did the solos, and I think Nick Mensa played drums on this thing. the drummer who was with them for Rust In Piece, and Countdown, and some of the other Marty and Dave records.

Plus, I thought davey said he "wasnt in with the whole, Pack up your bags, get on the bus for 4 months" gig?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Mensa does not play on the album, the line-up for the record is: Dave Mustaine - Vocals, Guitar, Chris Poland - Guitar, Jimmy Lee Sloas - Bass, Vinnie Colaiuta - Drums
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

As for "no name players", I think your gravely mistaken. If you knew anything about them, then you'd know that the guy doing most of the lead work on this album is the same guitarist they recorded 'Peace Sells', 'So far So good', and 'Killing is my bussiness' with. Not to mention the drummer, Vinnie Colaiuta, is very well respected in the industry. Also, the only person that played on the album and who will also be touring is Mustaine; he hired a whole other crew for the road (no, not "some no names either").

Comment

Jeff Scott Young was on So Far, So Good, So What?!

Comment

oops...hehe...

Comment

I was talking about the bass player and the drummer on the cd.OF Freakin course i know who Chris poland is, DUH!I partied with the guy when he was touring with his brother in "damn the machine".Who is sloas? and the touring guitarist is somenone i never heard of.I havent listened to king diamond in atleast ten years so unless the name is "larouque" i have no idea who he is.Menza signed on for the tour.Dude, who the hell is the touring bass player?Never heard of him either.If this is megadeth's last go around, it deserves more then what mustaine is doing.He shouldve grabed someone megadeth fans know of.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

As far as best CD of 2004 from "old school" bands, nobody is going to be able to top Exodus - Tempo of the Damned. That CD sounds like it came right out of 1985.... it rules!

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I was pretty disappointed with Tempo. It was hyped up waaay too much. Sounded too much like 'nu thrash' to me. Steve Souza tried too hard NOT to really sing on that one and it sounded forced.

Comment

well johnny , you wont have to worry about that anymore since souza was fired last week.I liked three or four sons from tempo.

Comment

AGAIN? Damn, that is a shame. Overall I really like Souza's voice, just not on Tempo.

Comment

yeah apparently he didnt want to tour south america and was pissed that he was making as much as jack the bassist was making.Go to blabbermouth.net Gary holt just lets loose on souza.I saw 1st hand how gary flys off the handle about his singers.He was ranting how he was going to take baloff back to the trailer park he picked him from back in 1997.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it or not, I was pretty disappointed with Tempo. It was hyped up waaay too much. Sounded too much like 'nu thrash' to me. Steve Souza tried too hard NOT to really sing on that one and it sounded forced.

[/ QUOTE ]
                        Tempo Of The Damned kicks major ass!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] One of my favorite Exodus albums. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          This is the best thing Dave's done since Youth IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Eh, I think Cryptic Writings and The World Needs A Hero are better than this new album. I just can't get into it that much, even after a few more listens. Maybe Dave should do drugs again and better things will come out of him. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

There is absolutely no doubt that CW slays TSHF hands down. As for the comparison between TWNAH and TSHF, it's kinda like comparing a pile of dog poo to a cow patty. One's a big stinker, the other is, well, you know.

Dave needs to remind his audience that he's an artist and that he's going to make the music that comes from inside, not the music that's demanded of him. If the final product is something we like, that's dandy. If we don't like it, he needs to stick that lower lip out, stick to his guns, and give the Druggies the big middle finger. That's exactly what he should have done with RISK!
                            "POOP"

Comment

Dudes, His tour line-up is definately not no-names.

Drums - Nick Menza (if you don't know Nick, You don't know Megadeth)

Guitar - Glen Drover (formerly of King Diamond and Eidolon)

Bass - James MacDonough (Formerly of well....ever hear of a little metal band called ICED EARTH???)

No names these guys are not!!! I ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE THIS LINE-UP LIVE!!!!!! I'll be in NY on the 10th AND Philly the 12th. MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!
                              Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Uh,,Okay.Glad your stoked but other then nick the line up does nothing for me.Im sure they are good but they truly are NO names.They have played in bands with decent fan base but these guys havent been in any guitar mags as far as i know.King D doesnt hire crappy players but his cd's have done nothing for me since conspiracy.Iced earth is okay, i know lots of guys who love them, just not me.And i know for a fact i have never heard these guys play, hence no names.

Of course thats just my opinion and i may be wrong.

If you love these guys abilities then thats cool, i never doubted they could play just thier stature.Other then nick, i have a point.

Comment

Working...
                                X