Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Fu*k Nick. I'd rather Dave get Jimmy DeGrasso back on drums. [img]/images/graemlins/eviltongue.gif[/img] I wouldn't mind seeing them live again, but the less they play off the new album, the better.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Uh,,Okay.Glad your stoked but other then nick the line up does nothing for me.Im sure they are good but they truly are NO names.They have played in bands with decent fan base but these guys havent been in any guitar mags as far as i know.King D doesnt hire crappy players but his cd's have done nothing for me since conspiracy.Iced earth is okay, i know lots of guys who love them, just not me.And i know for a fact i have never heard these guys play, hence no names.

Of course thats just my opinion and i may be wrong.

If you love these guys abilities then thats cool, i never doubted they could play just thier stature.Other then nick, i have a point.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, He should have gotten Steve Vai to play guitar, Peter Criss on drums, and freakin Billy Sheehan on bass!

Comment

I don't know if Steve Vai is "known" enough. Maybe Santana could've sat in? Jimmy Page?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Haha, LMAO. Now you're talkin.

Comment

Glen Drover vs Marty Friedman OR Chris Poland - Marty and Chris win the "known" prize. Drover is a "relative unknown"

Menza - obviuosly he's known for Megadeth, so he gets in

Whatsisface from Iced Earth vs Dave Ellefson. Excuse me, but when you compare *anyone* against Elf in regards to Megadeth, Elf wins without question, especially when against a younger player or lesser-known/lesser-traveled player like said guy from I.E.

So yeah, two no-names (compared directly to the people they are replacing) with Menza and Mustaine.

As for the disc - ehh. Scorpion was good lyrically, as was Die Dead Enough and Of Mice And Men, but as a whole it's "just ok".
            And Dave needs to see a damn shrink and get the **** over being kicked out of Metallica and stop ragging about it. Does anyone who regularly listens to Mustaine need Dave to tell them that Metallica pussed out and went all poppy and ****? Dave don't have the "crossover" appeal to reach New Shitallica fans, and New Shitallica fans would probably be scared of Kill Em All, Lightning, Puppets, or Justice anyway.

From a "guitarist critiques guitarist" standpoint - there were some noticeable places all over the disc where the rhythm tempo fluctuates (i.e. sloppy). I know there's a couple of places where it's part of the song itself, but listen to the beginning of My Kingdom.
            Damn, Dave, practice a bit and tighten up that rhythm-hand.

Newc
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I like the new album.

I think Dave is doing some pretty good playing on it.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Count me in, I like it as well.

Comment

It's the best thing Dave's put out in a very long time.

I think it's pretty damn good!...

there is a couple of "radio" friendly songs but it's pretty heavy for the most part.

I think this drummer gives it a bit of a kick in the ass...especially on the very first track..

Classic cover art!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I'm excited to hear what Glenn Drover is gonna do in Megadeth. Hearing him play some of the classic Megadeth solos will be awesome for sure!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      It's the best thing Dave's put out in a very long time.

I think it's pretty damn good!...

there is a couple of "radio" friendly songs but it's pretty heavy for the most part.

I think this drummer gives it a bit of a kick in the ass...especially on the very first track..

Classic cover art!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Yeah, after quite a few more listens, it is growing on me more. I still think TWNAH is a little better, but it's really not that bad. I was doped up on Nyquil and all kinds of sinus/cold pills the past week, so I was a little cranky with the first couple listens. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think this smokes TWNAH by far...that album was cheeze!

Yeah it was less cheese than that piece of crap Risk but still not quite right ...

now this is much better.

Glen can do alot better than Chris IMO ...Poland's solos are not all that , I was expecting much better from him.

Dave's playing sound's pretty polished and firey and his vox isn't as "nasal" as it has been.

It's a good Megadeth album.

Comment

I think I've said it before but the more I listen to the album the more I love it! The paceing could have been a bit better though, it starts with 3 blazing tracks then goes into a little lull before starting to kick ass again.

The new Shadows fall rules btw!
                          I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, everyone has different tastes and opinions. I respect that. However, TSHF has enough cheese factor to constipate the whole state of Wisconsin.
                            "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vinnie Colaiuta is an amazing drummer. Check out his work on Zappa's "Joe's Garage" album--he's playing some whacked-out stuff on there.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, everyone has different tastes and opinions. I respect that. However, TSHF has enough cheese factor to constipate the whole state of Wisconsin.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                Exactly! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] TWNAH smokes this new album... and not by far. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X