Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

I bought it with only hearing the 5 1-minute clips on the internet. I gree it is not Peace Sells type of material (even with Poland), yes more like CountDown, but I think this is a pretty good album. AND WITHOUT A DOUBT BETTER THAN METALLICA'S LATEST EFFORT.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

I used to yell "Do MOTOPSYCHO!!" at Hangar 18 shows. They didn't like that. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

This album rocks, I like it...too bad he sold out and is playin (you know what) now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

He sold out as an artist when he didn't stand behind his work.
          "POOP"

Comment

Worth buying just for chris poland's leads. definitely makes good songs sound great.

Comment

No matter how much I like this album ...it's not a tenth as cool as Exodus "Tempo of the damned"...

Too much awesome metal ...too little time! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I really dunno how to judge this album...ok,I like it but I really love Megadeth,I like all their albums,they have been the third metal band I've listened to in my life.IMO there are great tunes in it,but some song is a bit uncertain..like Dave had to work on it a bit more.Some vocals melody are a bit too "normal" and I agree about Chris Poland,his work could be better.The first 4 songs are really good though.However,I'm happy Megadeth are again active,no more bullshit about wrist and lame band members!Now give Dave a ****!n KingV [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I think it's a good album. But please stop comparing Megadeth to Metallica...they're two different bands who have nothing in common other than the opening riff to "the mechanix"
                  It has a very countdownesque sound, but still it doesn't reach CTE to it's knees. Remember that CTE broke a lot of new ground when it was released in '92, and Marty's solos on that album is right up there with the absolute best of them to this fukkin' day, IMO!!
                  All in all, a nice comeback album for Mustaine. Here's hoping it'll be a long while until his next fit of personality issues with bandmembers/past/future/the world etc.

Comment

The record aint no Countdown but it rocks.

Comment

• Re: Megadeth - The System Has Failed

Metallica's Load Album is a lot better...and I really think that St Anger album rules! hehehehe, ok just kidding.
                      No sense comparing the two bands.

anyway, whether you like TSHF or not, I think we all agree that this album is worth listening to, and is definitely a whole lot better than all the crap and BS that you hear on radio nowadays.

Comment

I am with bill on this as well . I took a blind "risk" when buying this album but it **** rocks , even the radio friendly tracks like die dead enough sound like megadeth should sound on the radio , even though dave never went back to the rip stuff the countdown/youth stuff fitts well in this day and age . I would much rather listen to this album [the system has failed] than all the crap you hear on the radio now and days or all the crap that has been coming out in metal as well ..... but when the new haunted comes out this album [megadeth]will be in my rack for a couple of months lol ... ps century media is selling the new haunted shirt now if you pre order it ... it's only 10 bucks ! //Steve

Comment

I borrowed this CD from my friend and have listened to it 3x already.

I think the guitar tones could use some more sizzle and the rhythm guitars sometimes drown out the leads. Poland's solos are good, but aren't his best.

Part of The Scorpion reminds me of Maiden's The Prisoner and the solo on the 3rd song reminds me of the solo in Accept's Fast as a Shark.

I think 1/2 the songs are good, and 1/2 are mediocre. Die Dead Enough is just as bad or worse than Motopsycho, Breadline, and the entire Risk album.

I feel like Mustaine was holding back a bit on everything on this CD. It's not a pile of crap, but I'm glad I didn't spend money on it. I think it's missing dynamics overall.

Comment

Working...
                          X