Vintage Jake E. Lee downloads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Jake E. Lee downloads

To my fellow Jake E. Lee fans, check out this very nice site dedicated to Badlands' late vocalist, Ray Gillen, for some cool old unreleased Badlands tunes, demos, etc., free for downloading.
    LINK

Re: Vintage Jake E. Lee downloads

Man I love that guy! Thanks for the link. Ray was such a great singer, one of my all time favs. The Sabbath track is great! I really wish there was more stuff of his available.

Comment

No problem! Thanks for pointing out the Sabbath tune! I hadn't even downloaded that the first time around, and now that I've heard it, I've been listening to it all afternoon! I wish there was more available, too. Ray Gillen does have a "5th Anniversary Memorial Tribute" CD in the iTunes Music Store. I checked out a few samples, which were good.

Comment

You can get the whole Sabbath demos with Ray on it from Ebay. A guy has it up there now, but doesn't take Paypal so I'm going to wait until someone puts it up who takes it. Love the Blue Murder track as well (as poor quality as it is).

Comment

One of the short lived greats of metal. Sad story. Great tribute.

Comment

Cool news on the Sabbath demo. I'm going to have to start looking for that demo CD. I love this song.

Yeah, Blue Murder was great, too. John Sykes is vastly underrated, IMO.

Comment

Guys I very well may have the whole Sabbath demo on mp3 at home,and some other various Ray Gillen stuff....If I can find it I'll send it to you guys.
              He was one of my favorite singers.Ever.

Comment

Awesome Stuff. Thanks!!!!
                Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Wow, it would be fantastic to get more music like that Sabbath demo. I've never heard any of that before, and I consider myself a big fan of Ray Gillen - and of Badlands. I love their raw, stripped down sound. I have some Badlands MP3s from the "Dusk" album, which is great, too. I believe it was only released in Japan.

Comment

I have the black sabbath stuff, its not that good.Rays voice was designed for badlands.Everything ive heard other then badlands just hasnt been the same.

Comment

You can buy Dusk from Amazon.
                      It was imported CD(from Europe I think).
                      Was only $14.00.
                      Great CD.
                      Also another CD he did with the original bassist of AIC.
                      Sun Red Sun?
                      I have that CD and pretty good too.
                      Little different from Badlands.

Comment

Ahh. I see we have some Ray Gillen fans. One of my old bands opened for Badlands in Tampa quite a few years ago. They were all a great bunch of guys. Never acted like they were above you. As for the tunes you seek, I know someone who has what your looking for. He's a Gillen freak. I'll see if I can locate him. I can't make any promises, but if I find him, I'll make some CD's.

Comment

Ok I found the mp3's of 7 songs from Eternal Idol.I'll email them to anyone who wants,but be aware that the sound quality is pretty rough which makes the files very small and I guess you would have to be a pretty hardcore Ray Gillen fan to enjoy them.
                          Other than that it's very interesting to hear him singing the songs instead of Tony Martin,kinda eerie but cool as hell. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            I have the black sabbath stuff, its not that good.Rays voice was designed for badlands.Everything ive heard other then badlands just hasnt been the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought his voice sounded really good on that Eternal Idol song that's on the website. The quality of the song the guy has available sounds pretty good as well.

I would love to hear him singing the Dio material from his one Sabbath tour. I have a book that talk about the post Ozzy Sabbath years and they mention that they did a 5 camera video shoot for one of the shows. I have never seen it in any of the bootleg circles I have 'traveled' in.

Speaking of Tony Martin, am I the only one that thinks that the Tony Martin Sabbath is pretty good? I love those albums (except Forbidden which was produced and subsequently f'd up by the guitarist for Body Count - what the hell were they thinking?)!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of Tony Martin, am I the only one that thinks that the Tony Martin Sabbath is pretty good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tony can sing very well,the only thing is I wasn't too crazy about him in Black Sabbath for no other reason than he just doesn't have that raw edge to the vocals that Dio,Gillen,etc had...his vocals seem almost a little too polished and smooth IMO. He needs to be more evil! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X