No announcement yet.

Picked up the new Vader album today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picked up the new Vader album today...

...and goddamn it's good! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I've been waiting for it since I heard that it was coming, and I refused to download it. [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

Vader are IMO absolutely the best band in the world today!!! [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Got it with a bonus dvd containing a studio report, 3 live clips and studio clips of 2 new songs. The artwork is the coolest I've seen (maybe not the thing on the front cover though) and the production is great! Daray is an amaing drummer and both Peter and Mauser present us with some mighty fine guitar playing. Novy is a very cool guy and a great bass player. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

GO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anders
    https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Re: Picked up the new Vader album today...

I like Vader but you must REALLY like Vader!
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't heard the latest by Vader yet, but I will pretty quick here. I'm a big Vader fan.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        I like Vader but you must REALLY like Vader!

[/ QUOTE ]

You nailed it! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

They have a new one out? Yet another excellent reason to go broke! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Vader kicks ass!
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Indeed!

They have a new live dvd coming too, scheduled for release October 1st here in Sweden. I've pre-ordered it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

vader - beast

heard it twice some time ago, i'm going to give it the last chance but afair :
                this thing is really boring... they're still doing the same things with almost no changes... some differences in vocals etc but... i even liked revelations better .
                sorry, there are better bands in DM either Polish death metal or Death metal in general.

imho you'd better check new behemoth (demigod)
                never was a fan of them, but the new one is good ,altough sometimes you can clearly see whose riffs do they copy , and who are they influenced by ( some obvious ones are Nile and sometimes immolation'esque riffage).

and yes. novy is insane on bass, especially live.

Comment

oooh is that new behemoth actually officially out?

Comment

oooh is that new behemoth actually officially out?

i don't know :> probably not.

the new vader was online about 1.5 month before the release date [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      vader - beast

heard it twice some time ago, i'm going to give it the last chance but afair :
                      this thing is really boring... they're still doing the same things with almost no changes... some differences in vocals etc but... i even liked revelations better .
                      sorry, there are better bands in DM either Polish death metal or Death metal in general.

imho you'd better check new behemoth (demigod)
                      never was a fan of them, but the new one is good ,altough sometimes you can clearly see whose riffs do they copy , and who are they influenced by ( some obvious ones are Nile and sometimes immolation'esque riffage).

and yes. novy is insane on bass, especially live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think Litany and Revelations are equally as good! And The Beast might not be exactly as good as they were, but I've listened so much to those two albums that this one feels very fresh!

What really sets Vader apart from most other Death Metal bands is that they have the courage to slow down and deliver "groovy" parts, they cut down on the blasting and concentrate on killer songs... plus they have the best vocalist in DM IMO! Peters voice is so powerful it's sick... he's a singer.. not a growler. I think his voice sounds a bit similar to Max Cavalera. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I recently discovered Behemoth, Thelema 6 and Zos Kia Cultus are very good albums. I noticed that Demigod is available on the net.. haven't downloaded it though.

But I haven't heard another DM band that I like as much as Vader... to each his own I guess. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

What really sets Vader apart from most other Death Metal bands is that they have the courage to slow down and deliver "groovy" parts, they cut down on the blasting and concentrate on killer songs...

[/ QUOTE ]
                        "Black Moses is my name!" [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

"And these are visions... of Egypt's guardian seraph!" [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Anders

Comment

Working...
                          X