Own a piece of Charvel History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Own a piece of Charvel History

That guitar was purchased for me (long story) and is on its way to Houston, and I was the "fan" that got to speak to Neal. I didn't speak to him long, but he gave me a brief history of the guitar and said out of all the gear he's selling, this was the one he was on the fence about since it has "the best feeling neck I've played".

It was freaking weird rapping with a dude I've seen in concert and on TV since I was 10 years old. Granted, he's no Vinnie Moore, but you have to respect his contributions to rock, and the fact that he's had more pussy than me (probably).

Brett

Comment

Awesome Telly. Schon rocks hard guys.

Great score, Brett! A definite keeper. Congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

10 bucks says Hoss will be offering you sexual favors in exchange for that guitar.

Comment

Yuck! Believe me - I'm getting all the sexual favors I need from my ladies. That's no way to negotiate.

Brett

Comment

tracy's gonna freak out-lol
            that's impressive brett, good for you.
            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

snooze ya lose!Great score brett , i cant believe you found time to get on a computer with al the gettin on going on!lol.

Comment

brett,
                great score [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                love the guitar-do you need me to set it up or re-string it for ya? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  That guitar was purchased for me (long story) and is on its way to Houston, and I was the "fan" that got to speak to Neal. I didn't speak to him long, but he gave me a brief history of the guitar and said out of all the gear he's selling, this was the one he was on the fence about since it has "the best feeling neck I've played".

It was freaking weird rapping with a dude I've seen in concert and on TV since I was 10 years old. Granted, he's no Vinnie Moore, but you have to respect his contributions to rock, and the fact that he's had more pussy than me (probably).

Brett

[/ QUOTE ]

I breifly spoke to Neal at NAMM in January..very nice guy to say the least, surprising considering he is part of music history from Sanatana to Journey etc.....
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Congrats Brett!!You've done it again!!!!!

Comment

Thanks Chuck. For a non-Charvel collector like myself, I've been very fortunate with my (S)Charvel collection.

Brett

Comment

Congrads Brett

Teles are real cool and have become a passion of mine. Give us a good revue when you get it
                        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

EVH and Neil are friends right? Maybee Neil could put a bug in Ed's ear about getting a "DLR" style lead singer. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Does the neck plate have a serial # or was it a blank serial # "artist" plate ? Couldn't tell from the Banana site pic. <font color="blue"> </font> What year was it produced?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Granted, he's no Vinnie Moore, but you have to respect his contributions to rock,

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Vinnie Moore's career was a blip on the radar screen. Granted the guy was a good player, but come on! Neal Schon has written some HUGE hits and is probably one of the most successful rock guitarists out there. I've never seen Journey live but I've caught Neal at a couple NAMM jams and his playing just about ripped my face off.
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Yes Matt, its my opinion and I'm serious. I never really cared for Journey - I was into Slayer when Journey was at their most popular. Neal was a good lead player and hugely sucessful, but back in the day (in my group) you had to be into Yngwie and Vinnie and learn to shred. Neal had too much taste and restraint for me. I appreciate his style more now though, especially with the addition of this tele.

Comment

Neal RULES!
                                Journey and Van Halen are 2 of my favorite bands of all time.
                                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X