Dio Live in Japan-85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio Live in Japan-85

Just got this on DVD. I'm not sure where in Japan it was , but it seems to be a scaled down version of a Dio show. Vinnie only has a 10 piece kit instead of 20 or so and you can actually see th amps. Vivan had a stack of Marshalls.
    It's funny for the first Dioa video I have, Vivian had this straight into the amp kind of dry cruchy sound, rolling back the volume for anything clean, and on this it sounds as if his sound is processed and he actaully has a clean sound.

His main guitar was the natural finish Strat with the cracked mirrror pick guard, but it looke like he was playing a KRAMER PACER during Don't talk to Strangers.

He deviated from his recorded solos a bit here and there, and one song that I wanted to hear him do live and hear the solo was Hungry for Heaven.

Just my luck during the beginging of the song something happens to the guitar and there is NO SOLO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img], Dio start making up words about sunlight and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Jimmy Bain TOTALLY messed up my favorite tune , MAN On the Silver Mountain during the solo part(this may be the version my bass player was playing cause he always messed it up too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Over all thoug it was pretty cool and great show to see, Vivian definatly smoked!
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: Dio Live in Japan-85

Cool,where do I get a copy??

Comment

I got mine from E-bay, they are all over it, but make sure you get one fro Region 1 as there were a few there that were Region 0 whereever that may be.

The seller I got mine from was Black inferno something or other and she was Very helpful as the first 2 she sent me didn't work, BUT it was my fault cause my Player wouldn't play RW discs
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Thanx bro!!

Comment

Working...
        X