Dio Evil or Devine video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dio Evil or Devine video

Just saw it tonite. Smokin' guitar work. I'll bet that boob can play Van Halen no prob! His solo ripped!

Re: Dio Evil or Devine video

I don't know why he'd want to play Van Halen - he does such a great job of playing Aldrich already. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Great video, BTW. A lot of the guys here don't seem to like Doug's "bluesy" approach during his solo spot (not METAL enough or something) but it worked for me. And the rest of the concert kicks serious arse.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I much prefer Doug over Craig. There are little fills and nuances in songs like Killing The Dragon that Craig just does not play! Also Craig's tone is so much bigger and dare I say creamier live. For me it's a big loss that Doug's left although everyone else seems to be happy Craig is back.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

i saw doug on both the dio tour and the following whitesnake one. he is without a doubt a unique and soulful matal player. i love the relic strat look too. but it'd be cool to see him bring out some of his charvels/jacksons again.

Comment

I have that video...love Aldrich's playing style, very metal to me. Kickass concert.

Comment

care to share this video?

Comment

He may be Dio's best axe man yet. Did a killer job on Viv's stuff. Maybe a little better.

Comment

Doug plays with a lot of feeling on EOD IMO.Man on the silver mountian kicks ass as does Lord of the last day.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

the silver what? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have watched it once since I got it.Think I will give it another watch now [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

If I owned it, I would be watchin' it now instead of typing! Wait a minute. Why am I not playing GUITAR instead of typing? OH MY GOD!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        He may be Dio's best axe man yet. Did a killer job on Viv's stuff. Maybe a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my God, No way, I'm sorry but Vivian is the man! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Been saying it for years, Doug Aldrich is the most overlooked, under-rated guitarists of the genre. He's been kicking ass since 1987 with the first Lion record.

Comment

I agree, I had a very hard time trying to find Never Surrender for a while, I heard it on the Wraith soundtrack and when I tried to find that, found out it was out of print, and never could find any Lion stuff. Can you get it now?

Iwas just basically saying ,How can nayone play Viv's stuff better than Viv himself [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I still like Dio with Viv, but Doug does rip!

Comment

Working...
                              X