More Vivian Campbell...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Vivian Campbell...........

In case you haven't noticed I am a HUGE Vivian Campbell freak!

Anyway I found a new (to me at least) web site called VivanCampbellRocks. It has a ton of pics from his whole carrer and a lot of old Dio pics.

I saw guitars that I never knew he had. One was a Jackson Les Paul, it looked Exactly like a Gibson Headstock with a big Jackson logo on it. YUK!

Another guitar that I never saw was one that he had during the Hear N Aid sessions, it was what looked like a white Kramer pacer, which I did see him use in one song on my Japan DVD.

There also were 2 different versions of the Holy Diver guitar, the artwork was different, and the one had the fiber optic things for his glow in the dark solo. I guess he got tired of that Aria Pro II [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I also saw 2 different Lst in Line guitars, on was the usuall one I have always seen with the strat head and maple finger board, but I saw one that had a pointy head and a rosewood board on it. I had never seen that until now.

There was a pic from his Whitesnake days where he had a guitar that had some kind of tie dyed graphic on it. It didn't look like a nightswan, but it was turned sideways and I couldn't tell what it was.

I also didn't realize that Viv was fired from Dio, I thought he left.

I had previous threads over the past year or so about his white skull guitar and never really got any info fro anyone, but know I got a copy of one so I am really interested now in the Last in Line one. What happened to it, what was the story on it, Etc Etc.

I heard it was turned into a cracked mirror one he has, and if so why did he strip it?

All dumb questions [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] but I want to know, so if any of you out there kow anything about his guitars, pleas let me know.
    Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Re: More Vivian Campbell...........

Another guitar that I never saw was one that he had during the Hear N Aid sessions, it was what looked like a white Kramer pacer, which I did see him use in one song on my Japan DVD.

*aria pro II natural headstock...no logo...

I also saw 2 different Lst in Line guitars, on was the usuall one I have always seen with the strat head and maple finger board, but I saw one that had a pointy head and a rosewood board on it. I had never seen that until now.

*same guitar...different neck

There was a pic from his Whitesnake days where he had a guitar that had some kind of tie dyed graphic on it. It didn't look like a nightswan, but it was turned sideways and I couldn't tell what it was.

*it was a rand guitar...made by rand havener...27 frets...he actually had two painted similar...one with one humbucker and one with a hum and a single...these guitars can be seen in the "is this love" and "still of the night videos" respectively

I had previous threads over the past year or so about his white skull guitar and never really got any info fro anyone, but know I got a copy of one so I am really interested now in the Last in Line one. What happened to it, what was the story on it, Etc Etc.

*the last in line one was painted by a friend of a friend...didn't turn out the way viv wanted it but "it had a nice color"...lol

I heard it was turned into a cracked mirror one he has, and if so why did he strip it?

*see above...plus add in the fact that he wasn;t in dio anymore and you get the picture...lol

hope this info helps...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks DM,

I haven't seen the Whitesnake stuff for so long tht I forgot about the guitar he used in those videos. I probably should have clarified that I'm a big Vivian freak of his Dio Days.

Understandble about stripping the Last in Line Guitar, but he did it while he was still in Dio, I just got a new DVd from 85 and he uses it for all but 2 songs.
      By the way do you have any info about the White skull guitar [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Just curious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

none whatsoever...that or the "shields" guitar are both relatively unknown to me...got most of my info out of an old guitar player magazine called "heavy metal greats"...a few of the pics on that site were scanned in directly from that article...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Whitesnake days where he had a guitar that had some kind of tie dyed graphic on it. It didn't look like a nightswan, but it was turned sideways and I couldn't tell what it was.

*it was a rand guitar...made by rand havener...27 frets...he actually had two painted similar...one with one humbucker and one with a hum and a single...these guitars can be seen in the "is this love" and "still of the night videos" respectively

[/ QUOTE ]

Rick,
          My Rand V has a similar graphic:

For more info on Rand guitars (and for more pics of mine), check out this JCF thread from earlier this year [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Both look great!!
            [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Ron , that is awesome looking, but at the risk of sounding stupid- is it possible to reach all those upper frets on that ?

Comment

Only if you have big hands! Heh heh heh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Now go to my thread and post in there! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a Randall amp poster of Viv with the black Charvel.Looks like a duncan pickup. DD I beleive is what he used,gold floyd,very dirty maple fingerboard strat head neck.The body has the gold sheilds.If I could figure out how to post a pic I would, there are 7 or 8 excellent shots of the Charvel on this poster.I also have a Randall amp poster with the NAVY cammo of Amir Ds Charvel.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

You mention the site VivanCampbellRocks, how about a link? I tried doing www.VivanCampbellRocks.com and it doesn't work..
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

Try this http://www.viviancampbellrocks.com/
                      I guess there is no Vivan.

Comment

Yet another one of my dumb mistakes. Ron , what happened, you didn't catch that one, and now some seriously bad crap has happened [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] HAHAHA!

Comment

It's OK, you're a guitarist not a typist. LOL!

Comment

...Jim! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Back in the 80's vivian was one of my favorites, and i've always wanted to do a copy of the Charvel he used with the holy diver cover on it. Sad to say he was one of the worst players I saw live when I saw him on the last in line tour. Man he just could not pull off any of the album stuff that night.

Comment

Working...
                              X