X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nick Menza Canned From Deth Tour

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Jeff Loomis was a Megadeth runner up as well....he didn't get it because he looked like a kid 15 years ago..Now if Mustaine knew about Jeff Loomis that long ago ...he has his finger on the pulse at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]You've mentioned this a few times now Bill. But just as I'm happy Dave was kicked out of Metallica (to go onto to form the much better Megadeth, IMHO), if Loomis had been picked up my Mustaine, there'd be no Nevermore. So maybe it was fortuitous that Jeff missed out. Maybe not for his bank balance, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but better for us.

[/ QUOTE ]To take your thinking forward logically, what if Loomis had gotten the Megadeth gig, done it for several years, then gotten involved with Nevermore and gotten the push as "Ex-Megadeth guitarist's new band"? Perhaps Nevermore would have taken off bigger and be a bigger band now becasue of that. As long as we're exploring alternate histories, why not that possibility? Marty's post-Deth career isn't a good analogy because he went way out in left field from what he's known for.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

I'm gettin' dizzy..

just took a big puff... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

the drover bro's are turning into the metal version of the bissonnette bro's.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

INGNORANCE? Well, maybe. Who cares, they are still no names.Just because he played in King D doesnt mean anyone knows him.The drummer , while i am sure is great, is still a no name.This is megadeth's farewell tour, why do a send off with guys who 99% of MEAGADETH fansd have no clue who they are?I know that the "rust in peace" line up was asked to take part but dave would make the lions share of the money, so the rest other then nick said no thanks.You can say its dave's band,but if thats the case, then go out as the dave mustaine bitching crew or somethin else.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            Jeff Loomis was a Megadeth runner up as well....he didn't get it because he looked like a kid 15 years ago..Now if Mustaine knew about Jeff Loomis that long ago ...he has his finger on the pulse at all times.

[/ QUOTE ]You've mentioned this a few times now Bill. But just as I'm happy Dave was kicked out of Metallica (to go onto to form the much better Megadeth, IMHO), if Loomis had been picked up my Mustaine, there'd be no Nevermore. So maybe it was fortuitous that Jeff missed out. Maybe not for his bank balance, [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but better for us.

[/ QUOTE ]To take your thinking forward logically, what if Loomis had gotten the Megadeth gig, done it for several years, then gotten involved with Nevermore and gotten the push as "Ex-Megadeth guitarist's new band"? Perhaps Nevermore would have taken off bigger and be a bigger band now becasue of that. As long as we're exploring alternate histories, why not that possibility?

[/ QUOTE ]
            I think Nevermore is basically around mostly because of Mustaine anyway. Mustaine discovered Sanctuary in the '80s and produced their first album, Refuge Denied, even played a solo on a Jefferson Airplane cover of White Rabbit on the album. They put out a second album, Into The Mirror Black, then one of the original guitar players and drummer wanted to do the grunge thing since they were from Seattle and that's what was big at the time in the early '90s. Bassist Jim Sheppard and singer Warrel Dane found Jeff who was in the band for their last 6 months of existence, then had to change their name to Nevermore because one of the old guitar players had the rights to the Sanctuary name. I'm glad Mustaine didn't steal Loomis away, because Nevermore kicks ass in every way!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              INGNORANCE? Well, maybe. Who cares, they are still no names.Just because he played in King D doesnt mean anyone knows him.The drummer , while i am sure is great, is still a no name.This is megadeth's farewell tour, why do a send off with guys who 99% of MEAGADETH fansd have no clue who they are?I know that the "rust in peace" line up was asked to take part but dave would make the lions share of the money, so the rest other then nick said no thanks.You can say its dave's band,but if thats the case, then go out as the dave mustaine bitching crew or somethin else.

[/ QUOTE ]Just because YOU don't know who they are, don't assume that 99% of Megadeth fans don't. You're throwing out that number simply because you don't like that Marty, Nick and Junior aren't involved this time. Hey, I'd like to have seen the RIP lineup too, but the lack of that lineup doesn't mean it's not Megadeth and that it won't kick ass. Dave has always been Megadeth, Megadeth is his name and his creature, and it is whoever he says it is.If you listened to some Eidolon you'd know that Glen and Shawn will more than do the job, and they're well-known among metalheads who've kept up with the genre in the past 10 years. Hey, if you don't want to go, don't go, but your friends who do go will be telling you that you missed out.Dave is Megadeth as Alice Cooper is Alice Cooper. It doesn't matter nearly so much who the players are, they will pretty much be of a uniformly high caliber. Marty is into Japanese pop stardom now, Nick's story we don't know, and Junior got too big for his britches and fukked himself. Too bad, next lineup!
              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Past Megadeth members started out with little or no history in metal, and most of them faded into obscurity after leaving the band. Sure, Chris Poland has always had some project going, and Marty has his J-pop career, but the others? Jeff Young and Nick Menza have their supposed solo pursuits, and Ellefson's F5, but citing "ex-Megadeth" only gets you so far when Mustaine clearly controls things in the Megadeth camp.

The only Eidolon song I've heard is "Coma Nation" but the drumming was great and I have no doubt that Glen Drover can match the playing of past Megadeth guitarists. I always like Ellefson's playing, but as bassists go, he kept things pretty simple, so I'm sure James will have no trouble doing the job.

As it stands now, there isn't a Minnesota date on the upcoming tour, but I'd happily spend the money to see this "unknown" lineup. I even like the TWNAH tour...far better than the Risk tour as performances go.
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah being a megadeth bassist is definitely not hard task for an accoplished player...hell give that mo fo to ME!

And there is umpteen thousand master double kickers out there ....Nick Barker's not doin' nuthin' ..and I'm quite sure Gene Hoglan , Richard Christy , Pete Sandavol , ..even Lombardo and many more would jump on the Deth Train if invited.

and Dave did help Nevermore by helping out Warrel and Jim with Sactuary like Toe mentioned.

You know there is a lot of Brotha teams in metal ...I would have to give this some thought but the list is bigger that you think.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    As it stands now, there isn't a Minnesota date on the upcoming tour....

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't Ellefson from Minneapolis? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "POOP"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Jeff Young and Nick Menza have their supposed solo pursuits

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Did Jeff ever do any solo stuff? I know he used to write a column in Guitar For The Practicing Musician (now just called Guitar magazine) quite awhile ago, and he was managing his wife's career (she's a Brazilian guitar player named Badi Assad). I always thought he was cool. Then again, I thought everybody in Megadeth was pretty cool.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

And there is umpteen thousand master double kickers out there ....Nick Barker's not doin' nuthin' ..and I'm quite sure Gene Hoglan , Richard Christy , Pete Sandavol , ..even Lombardo and many more would jump on the Deth Train if invited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Hoglan is quite busy doing his own thing; he even turned Slayer down.
                        Christy left the biz to write comedy for H Stern.
                        Lombardo? Heh, he's already IN Slayer, come on! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          To take your thinking forward logically, what if Loomis had gotten the Megadeth gig, done it for several years, then gotten involved with Nevermore and gotten the push as "Ex-Megadeth guitarist's new band"? Perhaps Nevermore would have taken off bigger and be a bigger band now becasue of that. As long as we're exploring alternate histories, why not that possibility? Marty's post-Deth career isn't a good analogy because he went way out in left field from what he's known for.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a possibility, and the experience Jeff would've gained playing with MD would be priceless. But then, if he'd left Sanctuary/Nevermore to join Dave & crew, Warrel & Jim would've recruited another guitarist and maybe taken another path. So by the time Jeff was done with the Deth, he probably wouldn't have been at the same place musically as the guys in Nevermore and might've elected to release an album of introspective light jazz fusion intrumentals through Guitar 9 records instead. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

How's your head, Bill? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Ron,

Lomabardo did a gig with Tetstament / four Grip albums / Slayer and his own solo orchestra stuff....

Christy got the axed by Stern some time ago and never scored a gig bigger than megadeth.

Megadeth is much higher profile that SYL or anyting Hoglan has been involved with.

so there you go .

I just used them as an example ...anywho.

there is many many many awesome drummers out there.

and like I said being a bassist in that band isn't very demanding.

Dave made a great score with the Drovers and the McBassist..BIG TIME!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Lomabardo did a gig with Tetstament / four Grip albums / Slayer and his own solo orchestra stuff....

Christy got the axed by Stern some time ago and never scored a gig bigger than megadeth.

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Lombardo also played on Testament's Gathering album. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Speaking of Testament, Paul Bostaph who was Lombardo's replacement in Slayer, is now back in Testament! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Can't wait for a new Testament album to come out.

And when did Richard Christy get canned by Stern?? Last I heard, he won Stuttering John's job and I had heard him a couple times and seen him on the E tv show. I really haven't listened to Stern all that much lately, so I don't know.

Comment

My wife listens to Stern in the morning and told me he has been gone for quite some time...Stern got some other guy ...i forget who..i don't really care.

I don't listen to stern anymore...he's tired ...just the same old boring routine...look at that ass ...look at those tits...what a piece os ass ...yada yada...all the same crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X