Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb of God, F.F. and C.O.B. kicked ass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb of God, F.F. and C.O.B. kicked ass!

Saw the show in Norfolk a few nights ago. In a word....Awesome. Children of Bodom played 2nd, I've been waiting to see them live for about 5 or 6 yrs and they didn't disappoint. Alexi's ESP, the black one, glows in the Fu**in' dark man! I wish they would have played more of their older stuff though. I don't know what gear they were using, I was very close but the way the stage was set up was difficult to tell. All I saw was Marshall Cabs and rack gear. Watching their keyboard player is most impressive. Fear Factory was up next and they just totally crushed. They played all their better songs from every album, even Soul of a New Machine. Their new guitarist is just as good if not better than Dino. All I saw were 3 fulls stacks of Mode Four cabs. Their guitarist used various custom Jackson seven strings all night, he even had a custom 7 string Rhoads that really looked cool. Nothing but getting your ass kicked when they took stage. Lamb of God headlined because VA is their home state. Mesa Stacks (the brown ones) and Framus stacks, I never saw any heads, must have been around back but they sounded identical to their new album and played any Lamb of God song you would want to hear. I gotta say that this was the best metal show I've been to and I have been to quite a few, if you get a chance to catch this tour....go.
    Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

http://www.myspace.com/joblo1978

Re: Lamb of God, F.F. and C.O.B. kicked ass!

Did you see my boys in Throwdown??

Comment

I've seen COB 3x already, they're what got me playing guitar and I'll go see them again Nov. 12 in Toronto!

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Did you see my boys in Throwdown??

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they were very heavy as well.
        Check my Jackson themed Myspace page, hear some good metal, and check out a little shred fest by me.

Comment

i saw them in nyc....bodom was tight.... lamb of god's cabs were mostly dummies!!!!! christian was using marshall jmp1 preamps and marshall power amps... Alexi played very well.

Comment

How is Throwdown...they sound closest to whom ?

They don't have those ghey clean whiny vox do they ...I hate that ...or do they keep it heavy like LOG!!!

does Throwdown have solos...I like solos! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would guess they might be like Unearth which is OK...are they like those dudes.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

No clean vocals, no solos to speak of, but just heavy grooves and riffs. They're more hardcore than metal and are kinda like a hammer smacking you in the face repeatedly. I'm not so sure that you'd like them Bill, but they're one of my favorite bands.

Comment

throwdown, heavy?

yeah they are. heavy as all hell. i heard one of the singles two years ago (can;t remember, something with Rules in the title.), and its like a huge breakdown.

Comment

Re: throwdown, heavy?

I saw them last week in NYC. Throwdown sucked, during their whole set everyone was chanting for Bodom except for like the 4 guys in Throwdown t-shirts. They got a good responce when they played Sepultura's Roots but that's about it. Even the singer had to comment on the audience busting his balls.

COB slayed, FF slayed, FF slayed. Other than Throwdown it was a perfect show. I moshed for all 4 bands, got my ass kicked, got drunk, got stones and got a couple chicks numbers. It ranks pretty highly in my list of my favorite concerts ever.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

I'll check into Throwdown ..I must hear them to judge them fairly!

LOG was using my Marshall setup...The JMP-1 and Marshall Poweramp...cool!!

Well I really like their tone on the albums ...and I always liked my Marshalls..very cool! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

www.trustkill.com ...plenty of Throwdown stuff there. Honestly I think they're a little out of place on this tour...maybe Himsa would've been a better choice. But I'll stand by Throwdown, with Tommy back on the road with them I'm sure they're even better than when I saw them.

Comment

Well, lucky for Throwdown they even got to be able to tag along on this tour. It should get their name out. They really weren't my thing, but they did have some heavy, grooves. Still, just another dropped tuning hardcore band though.

Comment

I was also at the NY show. Bodom was awsome, but I was a little dissapointed. Lotta new stuff (which is great), but not enough of the old stuff. Nothing off of Something Wild. It's to be expected though, they got where they are from that new album, so might as well push it as hard as you can. Roope stopped by my place of work and I got to talk to him for a few min. Nice guy. No new Sinergy for a little while either. Had to push back the recording sessions to make room for the new Bodom recordings. All in all, kick ass show.

- Irfaan -

Comment

eh I listened to sinergy a little bit today.

Dumb. Her stupid lyrics iritate me.

Comment

yeah! im sure alexi couldve found a better vocalist than her..especially for this type of music [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X