Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb of God, F.F. and C.O.B. kicked ass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: throwdown, heavy?

I had fun last night at the concert. Throwdown - Eh.. No thanks. Their songs were kinda repetative and thad the stereotypical hardcore breakdowns as well as just laying down on the 6th string with double bass going. I will admit though that the frontman really knows how to work a crowd.

Children Of Bodom - Played next, did almost the same set that they have done for the past two tours. You could tell that they weren't having that good of a time though the stage setup was really funky; the drums were on the left side of the stage right behind Henkka and he had like a foot to move around between the front of the stage and the drumkit. Alexi was using his rackmount gear, but all I saw a VHT poweramp in there.

After Bodom finished we went outside just to hang out with them. Good thing we did because apparently the power died after 1 or 2 songs of Fear Factory and there was almost a riot (according to one of the security guys that came outside). Lots of people got violent after the power died.

I'm not a LOG or a FF fan so I ended up hanging out with Bodom for about 3 or 4 hours (after sitting outside their bus for an hour or so). Very cool dudes and they were having a great time.

[ QUOTE ]
    Angela Gossow is a b!tch. Yes, I've met her.

[/ QUOTE ]

She is? When I talked to her she was very nice. But she really doesn't like it when guys go all crazy for her.

Comment

All this Testament talk brings back some memories. I was lucky enough to see them right when "The New Order" came out in the late 80's at Lamours in Brooklyn. Awesome show. I always dug the dynamic between Eric Peterson and Alex Skolnick.

Comment

Inearthed is exactly right about Throwdown. I saw on the Ozzfest 03 tour. I didn't like them either.

Comment

I forgot to mention the highlight of Throwdown's set was the hardcore dancers doing their spin kicks, air / ground punches, etc... This one chick was in the middle spin kicking / airpunching her brains out and she fell down in the middle of a spin kick. I laughed so hard.. Minus 1000 scene points for her!

Comment

Anyone going to the Dallas LOG show? I'm there.

Brett

Comment

Totaly off subject... But for death vocals you cant go wrong with Glen Benton.

Comment

All this talk of Testament brings me back quite a few years. Dammit, I'm gettin' old!

Comment

A friend of mine went to a show in Florida (we are in the UK, he was on Holiday) said the whole gig was the best gig he'd ever been to and he was muchos impressed my Lahio....bastard.

And on the subject of the 'hardcore' dancing, **** punching the ground and air....we windmill [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

I have seen people do the windmill all the time at hardcore shows. I went to a show that was some local bands but the headliner was a really awesome local death/thrash band called Demiricous. I heard some kids asking their friends if they were gonna dance tonight. It was amusing. My friend Andy started pushing his way around to the front when Demiricous was playing and the kids started making fun of him for "moshing" and thought that their karate kid dancing was far cooler and much more scene. I like some metalcore and hardcore stuff but the scene is just funny. I remember saying it was a bunch of hot girls and guys that tried to look like the hot girls.

Comment

Yeh that is very true, thing is, in my area at least, we have the younger 'Nirvana' kids, the slightly older 'Eh whatever, I'll listen to anything' kids and then the older 'Emo/Hardcore' kids.

Me, I'm all on my own [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

I hate hardcore kids and their retarted/sezure ninja dance stuff. I want to see some of them try that at a Slayer show.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Yeh that is very true, thing is, in my area at least, we have the younger 'Nirvana' kids, the slightly older 'Eh whatever, I'll listen to anything' kids and then the older 'Emo/Hardcore' kids.

Me, I'm all on my own [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Andy!

[/ QUOTE ]

lol that's the same in my area. The 'in' thing now is emocore [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img] They all have gay over priced hair cuts, pink hair dye, scarfs and really really tight jeans. Oh yeah, and crap tattoos [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yep, where abouts do you live mate?

I'll just stick to my parkas, Slayer and Beer thankyouveramuch [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Andy!

Comment

Hatfield in Hertfordshire
                              93 USA Soloist EDS
                              USA HT6 Juggernaut
                              Charvel DK24FR

Comment

i saw slayer in cardiff last month they were playing with
                                shitknot they blew them away. dead skin mask live is [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] the only thing bad was they only played for
                                an hour and half saw did shitknot they shouldn't of had
                                hatebreed and the other one i missed

Comment

Working...
                                X