Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb of God, F.F. and C.O.B. kicked ass!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: throwdown, heavy?

Hertfordshire eh?

I haven't got a clue how close that is to the Northants..:s

Andy!

Comment

No matter how "gay" this Emo-core crap may seem ...it's leaps and bounds better than ebonical african american influenced metal..

now that was some retarded poseur fukkin' swill!!!!!

at least white kids now have their own "identity" instead of pretending they are black....so please keep that into consideration.

if your black and rap ...well then cool.

if your white and rap ...you are three levels under the worst Jerry's kid....to me you are no more than "special Ed"
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I haven't got a clue [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] its about 30 minutes drive from north london
        93 USA Soloist EDS
        USA HT6 Juggernaut
        Charvel DK24FR

Comment

I would also add that most of these bands that appeal to the "emo" kids are a lot better musically than the rap metal genre. Some of them still don't really appeal to me though. Especially a lot of the scream/emocore pop punk singing. I do like some punk but it is in the vein of Misfits, Adicts, and Casualties type stuff. I just can't listen to anything with whiney annoying vocals. But back to the kids. I just think it is fun watching them dance knowing that they practice their moves infront of a mirror for long periods of time. I talked to a friend that went to the Agayu concert here a couple of days ago and he said there was people doing no-handed summer salts and all sorts of crazy stuff. I guess some of the bands at the show were local HxC or metalcore. I still don't like Atreyu(Agayu) though. It is like nu-metalcore lol.

Comment

A lot of the 'Emo/hardcore' stuff is technically proficient, take Dillinger Escape Plan, Aveneged Sevenfold and Sikth for example. Then there are the guys who play realy fast like Slayer. It's just the culture and lyrics and look is pretty gay!

30 minutes eh? Not too far!

Andy!

Comment

Yeah, Between The Buried and Me is really awesome if anyone hasn't heard them before. They do have some clean singing stuff but even though it is in the upper range pitch wise, it isn't sang in the pop-punk style. It just seems that when HxC is brought up, no one brings up stuff like Blood For Blood or any other true hardcore band. At least even the corporate versions of the genre can play decently.

Comment

Between the Buried and Me is from the same city as me, as is Hopesfall. When I think of hardcore, I think of Blood for Blood, Black Flag, Minor Threat, etc...most of the newer stuff like BTBAM, Bleeding Through, Eighteen Visions etc I call metal-core, but then you have the bands that are more 50-50 metal and hardcore like Throwdown and Hatebreed. So it's an interesting genre. You hear stuff in a BTBAM song that Gorilla Biscuits would never play.

Comment

I saw BTBAM about 2 or 3 years ago at an all day death metal thing. It was a bunch of locals and then BTBAM and another band opening for Malevolent Creation. I didn't understand BTBAM at all. It was in my days of true metal blah blah. In the recent year I have been listening to all types of music and just being open minded about everything and now BTBAM is one of my favorite bands.

Comment

I sold a Korg Pandora to one of the guitarists in BTBAM just yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                    X